installing trine2 on fedora 19

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
kopolov

installing trine2 on fedora 19

Postby kopolov » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Hi,
I've downloaded trine 2 from humble bundle and trying to install it on fedora 19 64 bit.

I encountered 2 errors so far which I can't solve:
libjpeg.so.8
libSDL.1.3.so.0

I have libjpeg.so.62 installed and libSDL.1.2.so.0 installed.
trying to make a symbolic link from earlier version to be shown as later version fails with the following error:
/lib/libjpeg.so.8: version `LIBJPEG_8.0' not found (required by ./bin/trine2_linux_launcher_32bit)

please help.

Hagai

FB_JussiE

Re: installing trine2 on fedora 19

Postby FB_JussiE » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:50 am

Hello kopolov!

libSDL.1.3.so.0 should come bundled with the game itself and the launching script (Trine2.sh in the root directory of the game) should add its location to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

libjpeg on the other hand is dependency of wxwidgets I believe and shouldn't be required by the game itself.
I do not have a proper solution as of yet, but I will look in to it, I'm trying in general to drop some unnecessary dependencies from the launcher.

While this is not a proper long-term solution, you should be able to play the game by skipping the launcher.
Make sure that the 1st time launcher script were able to create ~/.frozenbyte/Trine2 directory (it should've since it does that prior to executing the launcher) then go to the games root directory and type:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib/lib32
./bin/trine2_linux_32bit

If the game doesn't launch then either there might be some additional library issues.

When not using the launcher games configurations such as resolution, graphics details etc. have to be adjusted directly from the configurations file which can be found from ./frozenbyte/Trine2/options.txt

Hopefully this helps and I will try to get the launcher to work nicer with non ubuntu/debian distributions.

kopolov

Re: installing trine2 on fedora 19

Postby kopolov » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:55 am

Hi FB_JussiE !
Here are the steps I've already taken:
1. installed libjpeg.so.8 from this link:
http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/sourceforge/r/ra/ramonelinux/Rel_0.96/releases/i686/packages/libjpeg-8d-4.ram1.i686.html

2. installed the following packages:
mesa-libGLU-devel-9.0.0-2.fc19.i686 (for libGLU)
openal-soft-1.15.1-2.fc19.i686 (libopenal)
tcp_wrappers-libs-7.6-75.fc19.x86_64 (libwrap)
libpng12-1.2.50-3.fc19.i686 (libpng)
xulrunner (I think for ia32 but I'm not sure if I remember it correctly)
There might have been some other dependencies but I'm not sure.

after doing all this, I added the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and ran the launcher and got this error:
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:252:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:252:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:961:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
Expression 'SetApproximateSampleRate( pcm, hwParams, sr )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1959
Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_InitialConfigure( &self->capture, inParams, self->primeBuffers, hwParamsCapture, &realSr )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2634
Expression 'PaAlsaStream_Configure( stream, inputParameters, outputParameters, sampleRate, framesPerBuffer, &inputLatency, &outputLatency, &hostBufferSizeMode )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2758
Pa_OpenDefaultStream failed Invalid sample rate
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

so I'll keep on investigating.

Hagai

kopolov

Re: installing trine2 on fedora 19 <SOLVED>

Postby kopolov » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 am

ok,
also installed:
mesa-dri-drivers-9.2-1.20130902.fc19.i686 (for swrast_dri.so - I got this message after setting LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)
and I think that was wrong since I got an error from libGL

so I looked up the error and it turns out I need to install a 32 bit version of the drivers on my machine (which is 64 bit)
I installed these packages:
akmod-nvidia-319.32-2.fc19.i686
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs-319.32-7.fc19.i686

(these are the driver packages I use on my machine - another user should make sure to install the matching for his machine
the generic names on fedora from rpmfusion repo are:
akmod-nvidia
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs )
and now it works. though slow and I still get these errors:
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:961:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
Expression 'SetApproximateSampleRate( pcm, hwParams, sr )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1959
Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_InitialConfigure( &self->capture, inParams, self->primeBuffers, hwParamsCapture, &realSr )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2634
Expression 'PaAlsaStream_Configure( stream, inputParameters, outputParameters, sampleRate, framesPerBuffer, &inputLatency, &outputLatency, &hostBufferSizeMode )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2758
Pa_OpenDefaultStream failed Invalid sample rate
AL lib: (WW) FreeDevice: (0xe860e690) Deleting 91 Buffer(s)

It looks like sound issues though I get the sound well.
Anyway, thank you :)

Hagai

Return to “Trine 2”