First console version of Trine in 60fps and 3D! on PS4.

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Zybex

First console version of Trine in 60fps and 3D! on PS4.

Postby Zybex » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:38 am

:D

All console versions of Trine were always 30fps.

Until now. Console players will finally see for their own eyes what we were all talking about, when using phrases like "stunning", "best visuals in game in the world" and so on.

Finally they will stop saying "yeah, I played this game, it's great but I don't know how anyone can say it's a better looking game than Uncharted, and that's what it means "best in the world".

Well...
"seeing is believing", like they say. ;)

Frozenbyte
Don't be surprised if your "old" game will be called "the best PS4 launch window game" by many. I mean: many people.
60fps and 3D is a hidden power! And now you're a few weeks away from unleashing it.
- Trine has the most "3D friendly" camera view (side).
- Trine has the best 3d support quality - FB showed the others how it's done. Proper functioning, no errors, rich settings for 3D (in-game menu accessible)

and now it's hitting the mass market - the consoles. Hope you'll make a ton of money on that, so you could absolutely destroy the competition when you release another great game.

I wonder if console players would enjoy 1080p120 mode for 3D (60fps for each eye in 3D) like do we, on PC's. Personally I'd prefer 720p120 over 1080p60 in 3D. That + maximum 3D deph, and I'm speechless. Every time I start the game. It's mind blowing.
So happy to see that now console players will be able to enjoy this breathtaking moments. Your game's scenery will finally be fully presented also while running, and that's a lot of game time. I expect your game will raise a few eyebrows of surprised journalists. :)

Return to “Trine 2”