Local Coop: Wii U Remotes not recognized [solved]

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
wiithefuk

Local Coop: Wii U Remotes not recognized [solved]

Postby wiithefuk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi there,

I was looking for a nice local coop game, so I just bought Trine 2 via the Nintendo Shop.

The problem is: Only the Wii U Gamepad gets recognized by the game, not our Wii Remote, not our Wii Remote Motion Plus. We have also a Nunchuk, but connecting it doesn't change anything.

At the moment it looks like I bought a coop game which doesn't bring the hardwaresupport for coop, which is pretty disappointing, to put it in a polite way.

Is there any workaround?
The game updated when we first started it.

With best regards,
Last edited by wiithefuk on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

FB_Lauri

Re: Local Coop: Wii U Remotes not recognized

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Sorry for the trouble!

In my knowledge Wii remote + nunchuck should work. I'll ask our QA to investigate this further. As Monday 6th is bank holiday in Finland they are back on 7th and hopefully they figure this out.

fb_jlarja

Postby fb_jlarja » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:59 am

Nunchuk is required, so always test with that. Motion Plus isn't technically required, but since we don't have a single non-Motion plus Remote to test with, it is quite possible that the game doesn't work without it. Remote with Motion Plus and Nunchuk should work though.

-JLarja

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:18 am

wiithefuk wrote:Hi there,

I was looking for a nice local coop game, so I just bought Trine 2 via the Nintendo Shop.

The problem is: Only the Wii U Gamepad gets recognized by the game, not our Wii Remote, not our Wii Remote Motion Plus. We have also a Nunchuk, but connecting it doesn't change anything.

At the moment it looks like I bought a coop game which doesn't bring the hardwaresupport for coop, which is pretty disappointing, to put it in a polite way.

Is there any workaround?
The game updated when we first started it.

With best regards,

Hi!

Do you still have issues with this? Did you try with the controllers mentioned above?

If you still have issues with this or any other questions about the game we'd be glad to help you out.

Cheers.

wiithefuk

Postby wiithefuk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:04 am

Hi,

thanks for your immediate support.

In the meantime I got the game working while I'm not quite sure what caused the problem in the first place. As far as I remember, I mixed up the controllers and tested with a non Motion Plus remote and a aftermarket nunchuck, what didn't work at all.

A few days ago I tried it again with the Motion Plus remote and an aftermarket nunchuck. The controller got recognized, but the gameplay was very laggy. Then I tried it with an original nunchuck and it worked as it should.

So, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and wish you a nice weekend, while we're enjoying your game. :-)

With best regards,

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:47 am

wiithefuk wrote:Hi,

thanks for your immediate support.

In the meantime I got the game working while I'm not quite sure what caused the problem in the first place. As far as I remember, I mixed up the controllers and tested with a non Motion Plus remote and a aftermarket nunchuck, what didn't work at all.

A few days ago I tried it again with the Motion Plus remote and an aftermarket nunchuck. The controller got recognized, but the gameplay was very laggy. Then I tried it with an original nunchuck and it worked as it should.

So, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and wish you a nice weekend, while we're enjoying your game. :-)

With best regards,

Glad to hear. Let us know if you have any other issues or questions about our games.

You too have a nice weekend! :)

Cheers.

Return to “Trine 2”