Trine 2 multiple keyboards localization missing

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
rainland

Trine 2 multiple keyboards localization missing

Postby rainland » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Hello!

Every time when i enable the option "Multiple keyboards" the game gives me an error "localization missing" and i can't do a thing from there. Even when i restart the game, it comes straight away.

Deleting options.txt helps, but then no multiple keyboards are enabled....
Any ideas?

thanks!

FB_Teemu

Re: Trine 2 multiple keyboards localization missing

Postby FB_Teemu » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:31 am

This sounds really weird, and we're unable to reproduce this here at the office.

If you use Steam version, you could try to verify the files. Rightclick Trine 2 in the Steam library, choose "Properties", choose "Local Files" tab, click "Verify integrity of game cache..." and wait.

Out of curiosity, have you tried enabling multiple keyboards from the options.txt instead of the ingame settings?
1) Close the game.
2) Delete the options.txt file (from %APPDATA%\Trine2\). Do this to make sure you have a clean options.txt.
3) Start the game once, close it afterwards (to create a new options.txt)
4) Find the following line and change the "false" to "true":

Code: Select all

setOption(inputModule, "MultipleKeyboardsAndMiceEnabled", false)

5) For now, don't touch anything else in the options.txt.
6) Just to be sure, take off any extra keyboards, mice or gamepads from the PC before opening the game.
7) Don't touch anything in the launcher, start the game.

Other thing to do with either Steam or non-drm version would be to simply reinstall the game, in case something got corrupted during the install.

Does it still bug? If so, I'd want to know a few things about your setup.
Which operating system do you use?
Which language do you use in your operating system, and which language would you want to use in Trine?
Do you use a non-drm version or Steam version?
Do you have Goblin Menace or the Complete Story edition?
Do you have any special keyboard drivers (razer/logitech/etc)?

Let's see if we can get this mystery solved.

rainland

Postby rainland » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:00 pm

For some reason now when I deleted options.txt and restarted and changed the multiple keyboards option mouse pointer disappeared. After restart it was in top-left corner and could not be moved.

I did Steam file verify and it did find something and replaced something but the bug still persists.

Windows 7 64bit
English OS, i can use English or Finnish both and tried to change them in the launcher but no luck.
Complete story
1. Steelseries 6gv2 (PS/2) and razer deathadder (USB)
2. dirt cheap ACE KUC500 (USB) and 10 year old logitech wireless mouse with usb hub.

p.s. they worked in trine 1 but i had to change almost every time from the options.txt manually the part with
player 0 keyboard 0 -> 1
and player 1 keyboard 2-> 0. It was like windows generated different ID's for the keyboards with every startup and they were always random.

very interesting nonetheless :D

rainland

Postby rainland » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:17 pm

Hello,

The latest patch

// All platforms
Fixed issues in configure controls menu

changed things a bit. Now when i try to enable multiple keyboards the mouse goes missing. The game is still on and music is playing but i can't do anything. Also the error "localization missing" doesnt appear anymore.

thanks
rainland

fb_jlarja

Postby fb_jlarja » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:11 am

rainland wrote:Hello,

The latest patch

// All platforms
Fixed issues in configure controls menu

changed things a bit. Now when i try to enable multiple keyboards the mouse goes missing. The game is still on and music is playing but i can't do anything. Also the error "localization missing" doesnt appear anymore.

thanks
rainland

Have you tried changing keyboard and mouse pairings in Configure Controls menu? Do all the devices show up there? Special gaming mice often show up as multiple devices, some of which don't do anything when queried via Raw Input (as is done to support multiple keyboards and mice in Trines).

Also, PS/2 keyboards and mice shouldn't really work with Raw Input at all, but apparently Microsoft does some emulation or something like that. Could be a source of problems though.

-JLarja

mellerman

Postby mellerman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:08 am

I have this same exact issue with Trine Enhanced Edition and Trine 2 Complete Story... both of which I purchased from GOG.com. When I enable the multiple keyboards option, I get the localization missing error. For both games... I even deleted the options.txt file and I still get the error

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:39 pm

mellerman wrote:I have this same exact issue with Trine Enhanced Edition and Trine 2 Complete Story... both of which I purchased from GOG.com. When I enable the multiple keyboards option, I get the localization missing error. For both games... I even deleted the options.txt file and I still get the error

Sorry for the delay with answering. Are you still experiencing this issue? Did you try reinstalling the game or changing the Multiple Keyboards and Mice option through the options.txt instead of through the game's Menu? You can find instructions on how to do this from Teemu's post (the second post in this thread).

If you still experience this issue after this, could you send us a screenshot of this issue so that we could better look into this? You can email it to us ( support[at]frozenbyte[dot]com ) - if you send us an email, please link this topic and mention your username so that we know it's you.

It'd also help if you included the following things in your email:
  • Your operating system and other system information
  • What language is your operating system?
  • What language are you using to play the game? Does this issue still happen if you try using some other language?
  • Do you have the Goblin Menace or the Complete Story Edition?
  • Do you have any special keyboard drivers (razer/logitech/etc)?

I hope this helps. :) Let me know how it goes.

Return to “Trine 2”