Trine 2 + Trine 2 demo co-op?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
kiwiandapple

Trine 2 + Trine 2 demo co-op?

Postby kiwiandapple » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:53 am

Hello,

I am not sure but it seems like something went wrong with my first post, so I will try again.

I bought Trine 2 recently and wanted to play co-op with my friend. Who played trine 1 and did not enjoy it at all.. So I said:
"oke fair enough, but co-op seems to be amazing. So please give it a try?" So she downloaded the Trine 2 demo. Now, we are not able to get to play together..

I google'd a little bit, but can't find any information about it. All I wonder is, is it possible to play co-op if 1 person has the full game and the other only the demo?

The error message I got when I tried to join the game she hosted was.. not really an error message but. "Status: Smelling the roses". I could click oke and then nothing happend.
When she tried to join my game wich I hosted, she got straight to the steam store to buy trine 2.

I as well am not able to download trine 2 demo, because I allready have trine 2 "fully" installed.
I tried to uninstall Trine 2 to see if I could install the demo. But sadly steam knows that I have the game, so it won't let me download the demo.

My friend thinks this is causing the problem, because she has the demo and I have the full game. But I highly doubt it.
The demo is in my eyes just the full game, but it has most of it "locked". She thinks that it's impossible to play because I could go further in a level and she can't because the demo stops there. So leaving me alone and crashing the game.
Please tell me that this is not the case!

Kind regards,
Kiwi

Return to “Trine 2”