Trine 2 COOP Europe with US

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
hater

Trine 2 COOP Europe with US

Postby hater » Tue May 06, 2014 3:45 pm

I bought the PS4 version day 1 but since today i havent been able to play with my best friend in the us.i´m from germany btw.any news if this will ever will be possible?

MarjutFB

Re: Trine 2 COOP Europe with US

Postby MarjutFB » Wed May 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Hello hater,

Unfortunately the PlayStation 4 version of the game is different for USA and EU, and that's why playing between them is impossible. Currently we don't have any plans to patch this either. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers.

erosinnin

Postby erosinnin » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:56 am

It would make some of your player base very happy if you did patch this issue.
The goal of the playstation network is to play with people from around the world be it current friends or friends we will make in the future .

We are paying 50$ a year (if we get the 1 year bundle) to play online.
Not to be limited because of region lock issues.

PS4 was announced as region free to start with.

This is not a rant but a a request to make your PS4 player base happier.
The game its self is great but my self and some other would have more fun playing with friends over seas.

How would you feel if you (from europe) bought a game to play with your friend from north america but found out after buying the games that you can't play because the game you bough was the only game on the PS4 market that was region locked ?

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:42 am

I understand how this might be frustrating. Fixing this is something that we are considering at the moment and would like to do, but unfortunately I can't make any promises about this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

erosinnin

Postby erosinnin » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:36 pm

As much as i love trine 2 , i would be hard pressed to buy another game you guys may release on Ps4 for fear of region lock once again.

I do see the dedication of the devs and crew.
I am sure you will see the light and fix this issue for the greater gain of the community that supports you.

Thank you for the reply.

omgitskarla

Postby omgitskarla » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:41 am

I'm with the others here. My good friend and I were really excited to get this game from ps+ this month. We chatted while it installed and then we got into the game and couldn't connect with each other. Well I found out since he's in Australia and I'm in the US, we cannot play together. We were so disappointed. I'm not even going to play this game now. How could you have region lock on this game and why would you make two different versions of it?? What's so different about them? It's such a deal breaker for me. I'm so glad it was free and I didn't waste money on it, only to find out I couldn't play with my friend. It may be a ton of fun, but I'll never know because we wanted to experience it together.

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:52 am

The PlayStation Stores for the USA and EU are separate from each other, meaning the game also had to be submitted separately to both. In reality, there are no real differences between the games on the USA and the EU store and we did not intentionally make different versions - but the stores are still separate, and to my understanding, this is at least partly what has caused this.

It's too bad if this prevents you and your friend from enjoying the game. In my opinion, it is really enjoyable in single player as well. You could also try to join a random game online; now that it's free on the PS+ I think there might be more people playing it. But I understand the disappointment, when this is something you planned on doing with your friend.

Like I said, I understand the frustration this has caused and I hope we'll get this fixed at some point, but I can't make any promises about this.

erosinnin

Postby erosinnin » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:07 am

Yes the NA and EU sony offices are not as one.But we the gamers are one community that wish for no region locking since PS4 was announced region free.Don't worry i have a thread on the PS4 forums(EU and NA) about this as well.
But you could of simply of just release trine 2 as is to both instead of dubbing them NA and EU releases.

Only other games that do have EU and NA and Japan in their titles for PS4 are Contrast (single player game so its ok.NO online issues or game play)

Daylight has NA and EU also SP game only.

Don't starve is a single player game but NA and EU have the same version while JP has another version.

Injustice i believe has regional match making for best latency needed for a PVP fighting game but you can dual friends by inviting them to none ranked games has Na and EU version.
Dance 2014 pretty much the same as above.

Octodad has local coop to bad as well could of been great online coop has NA/EU.

Skylanders is a SP game again NA and EU.

Sounds and shapes 4 regional version but no online so not worried.

Sorry to take up so much space but every other MP game in the current list that is available has no region lock what so ever.
Only DC universe does have it but that's the standard for MMO type games just like World of Warcraft.

After all this the point i am trying to make is that the 1 community that the PS4 players represent wish for region free content, that is why i jumped ship from xbox.
This is one of the charms PS4 promised its players was to have NO region locked content.Don't worry this going to be copy pasted to both my PS4 threads on the NA and EU forums.

I am not trying to pick a fight because its true the game is enjoyable in single player and yes i could join a random game .
I could also run into people i do not desire to play with and decide to ruin my online experience when i could be having fun with my friend or friends since that was the sole purpose of buying your game to start with.

At least if you do not patch or fix online coop to remove the region lock ,please promise your fans that you will not region lock any of your future games.So we can enjoy them with our friends across that big pond called the Atlantic ocean.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

fb_jlarja

Postby fb_jlarja » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:40 am

Trine 2 was not region locked on purpose. If I recall correctly (I may recall wrong, so please don't treat this like some absolute truth), the version that was accepted by Sony NA was rejected by Sony EU, so we needed to make some fixes (there was also the matter of languages, though that doesn't make versions incompatible). Either the fixes were such that the compatibility was compromised or we just screwed something up.

-JLarja

mbover

Postby mbover » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:30 am

So this has been an issue since released and reported at the time. So you are forcing people who want to play cross region to create a US account and buy another copy of the game. Sorry you just lost my support and custom. Its a shame when developers make a game and will not support issue that are reported. I suggest you contact team17 as worms works a team.

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:51 pm

mbover wrote:So this has been an issue since released and reported at the time. So you are forcing people who want to play cross region to create a US account and buy another copy of the game. Sorry you just lost my support and custom. Its a shame when developers make a game and will not support issue that are reported. I suggest you contact team17 as worms works a team.

Yes, unfortunately this has been an issue since the game was first released in the USA and then in the EU. Sorry for any possible inconvenience this might cause.

We are hoping to patch this, but have no plans for it at the moment. Patching the game is not that simple, so we would want to make this part of a bigger patch if we are fixing it.

We appreciate any opinions and feedback to this. But yes, unfortunately can't do anything about this yet.

Cheers.

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Wed May 13, 2015 10:14 am

I finally have good news about this (hopefully at least)! :) We have tried to fix this issue that existed between the online multiplayer of USA and EU versions, and it should be working now. This means that if you have friends who have purchased their Trine 2 from a different region's PlayStation Store (USA/EU) than you have, you should now be able to play together online. However, we have not yet received any feedback from users, so we'd love to hear confirmation from the community that it's working as it should. :)

Return to “Trine 2”