Trine 2 FAQ

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
RiikkaFB

Trine 2 FAQ

Postby RiikkaFB » Tue May 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter and to keep an eye on our blog to get the latest news!

For troubleshooting issues, please skip straight to the Troubleshooting section below. If you can't find a solution for your problem there, please contact us at Support [at] Frozenbyte [dot] com with a detailed description of your issue. Remember to tell us your operating system and other system specifications as well.

I hope this is helpful. Cheers all!

FAQ

DOES TRINE 2 HAVE MULTIPLAYER?

Yes! Trine has both online and local co-op that supports up to three players at the same time. Unfortunately, Trine 2 does not have LAN support though.

DOES TRINE 2 HAVE CONTROLLER SUPPORT?

Yes! For controllers, we usually recommend using an Xbox controller for the game which are automatically recognized by the operating system, but any kind of USB controller for computers that has two controller sticks should work well. Though all controllers may need rebinding through the in-game menu.

This might be a bit partial opinion, but I'd say most accurate and usually easiest controller would be a keyboard and separate mouse combination. It's understandable if you want to play with a controller but I'd recommend to consider playing with a keyboard and mouse, as it's usually faster and more accurate.

CAN I PLAY TRINE 2 BEFORE I PLAY THE FIRST TRINE?

Both games are designed to work on their own. Trine 2 takes place after the first Trine, but it is not a direct continuation and the story should be easy enough to follow even if you have not played the first game. However, there are some references you might miss if you have not played the first Trine. Both Trine and Trine 2 do have their own, separate story lines, both games have many unique levels and the characters have different skills - so I'd say both are definitely worth a try, no matter which order you are playing them!

TROUBLESHOOTING

I have listed some of the most common issues below. If you can't find an answer there, please also check out this link. If you still have not found an answer to your issue, please contact us through Support [at] Frozenbyte [dot] com with a detailed description of your issue. Remember to tell us your operating system and other system information.

MULTIPLAYER ISSUES

Please check out this thread. If you can't find a solution for your issue there, please contact us at Support [at] Frozenbyte [dot] com and remember to include all the following information:

- the error code you may have received
- the net log output (trine2.log) (insturctions how to get this in the thread I linked)
- what game settings you are using (resolution, graphics detail level, etc)
- your operating system and other computer information
- your location (country/city)
- your ISP and bandwidth/connection

WHY DOES MY GAME NOT LAUNCH?

Here are a few things you could try:
    1. Try to launch the game as an administrator (in Windows: \Steam\SteamApps\common\Trine 2\trine2_32bit.exe )
    2. You can also try to launch Steam as an administrator as Trine 2 needs access to write when it launches.
    3. Try to launch the .exe in compatibility mode (e.g. Win 7 / Vista / XP SP3).
    4. Update the graphics card drivers and DirectX.
    5. Try to verify the game cache in Steam (right click on Trine 2 in Steam Library, then click on properties and choose local files-tab and the button to verify integrity of game cache should be there).
    6. Try to launch the game without any other programs running in the background.
    7. If none of the above help, you could try the following: Right-click Trine 2 in your Steam Library → Select Properties → Click "Set Launch Options" → Write the following line inside the text box (remember to include the minus sign as well): -disableMinidump

If it still doesn't work could you check these folders:
\Steam\SteamApps\common\Trine 2\log
AND
\Steam\dumps

If those have any logs, could you send them to us via email Support [at] Frozenbyte [dot] com along with the full description of your problem and your system information.

WHY DOES THE GAME NOT WORK ON MY OS X?

Unfortunately, starting from May 15th 2014, Trine 2 is no longer supported on OS X 10.6 and older versions anymore. However, we have kept the option to use the previous build. With the instructions below, you can return the game to the state it was right before, and this should cause the game to work fine again!

Enabling the old build:
1) Select Trine 2 from your Steam Library
2) Right click on Trine 2 and open Properties
3) Go to Beta tab
4) Select beta: "old_v200_b1 - Old v2.00 build 1"
5) Press Close
6) If Steam doesn't start downloading data, Verify integrity of game cache from Trine 2 Steam Properties -> Local files
7) Now you have the old v.2.00 (build 0) in use which was released on January 30th, 2014

WHY DOES THE GOBLIN MENACE IN-APP PURCHASE NOT WORK?

Unfortunately, there is a problem with our In-App purchase on Mac OS X versions. We have been trying to solve this, but unfortunately I can't promise if we will manage to do that. We apologize for this inconvenience.

We recommend getting the game through Steam. However, if you have already purchased Trine 2 through App Store and do not wish to buy it again, please contact us at Support [at] Frozenbyte [dot] com. Please include your App Store receipt in your email.

ERROR CODE 51 ON STEAM

This issue can be caused by various backround applications interfering with Steam. Please see this link for more information and possible solutions.

CONFIGURING CONTROLLERS

Check out this link for instructions about how to configure your controllers.

GENERAL RENDING INFORMATION - ANTI-ALIASING, OVERHEATING, INPUT LAG, ETC...

Check out this thread.

RiikkaFB

Re: Trine 2 FAQ

Postby RiikkaFB » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:25 pm

QUESTIONS ABOUT TRINE 2 FOR ANDROID

Reinstalling the android application

If your Trine 2: Complete Story for Android does not start properly or it has some other issues, reinstalling the application should most likely fix this issue. Since you can't directly uninstall a preinstalled application, here is how to do this:

1) Go to your Android's File Explorer
2) Navigate to the following folder: /Android/obb/com.frozenbyte.Trine2
3) Delete the file called "main1.com.frozenbyte.Trine2.obb". If you can't find this file in the folder, delete the whole "com.frozenbyte.Trine" folder. You can also delete the file through your computer if you want to.
4) Try to open the game again. The downloader should begin to try to redownload the missing files.

OTHER ANDROID ISSUES

If you are having some other issue with your Trine 2: Complete Story for Android, or reinstalling (instructions above) just does not help, please email our support: support[at]frozenbyte[dot]com

Please remember explain your issue in detail when emailing us; mention what device you are using, if you get any error messages, exactly what happens and how. We'll be happy to help!

Return to “Trine 2”