Trine2Editor Beta (questions)

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Seveni_7

Trine2Editor Beta (questions)

Postby Seveni_7 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Greetings from Sweden
I understand there isn't much information about the Trine 2 Editor Beta so I have some questions.

I know how to get up the type tree window and get to the things I want to put but I do not understand how you get them in the level. I have tried select the name of the object and put it and I have tried to drag them from the type tree window.
I suppose the collision material is also on the type tree window and is put in the same way.

I excuse me, afterall I'm quite an ameteur on game editors so I'm maybe asking about quite a obvious part. So far have I only copied and past objects into my own level and its getting tiresome to load other levels to copy objects from there.

That is all I want to know so far.

PS:
I don't know if this is the correct place to discuss the Trine 2 editor beta and I have looked up the small wiki which there isn't a lot of information so far so I wonder also if there is Another Place there is tips for the editor?

Regards Seveni_7

Is there other people with their own questions?

RiikkaFB

Re: Trine2Editor Beta (questions)

Postby RiikkaFB » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:19 am

Greetings back to you from Finland! :)

To insert a new entity in a scene, You should select it's type in the type tree and click in the 3d window to insert it. The thing about the type tree is, that it contains loads of types, only some of which can be inserted in the scene. All insertable objects are grouped under the "InstanceBase" folder.

For example, collision objects can be found under InstanceBase\Entity\ObjectEntity\object\helper\collision_helper\. There's a unique type for each material, for example collision_rock.s3d. Some other useful objects are listed at the Helpful Objects wiki page, but I'm afraid the list isn't very complete at the moment.

At the moment there isn't really any other official information than the Wiki page mentioned - there's just not much documentation about that, especially now that the Editors are still in Beta stage. This is partly why we opened the Wiki - so that everyone who wants to can help update it, and we'll also be adding just as well as the Beta goes on and we have time.

I hope this helped. Let me know if you have other questions. :)

razvanab

Postby razvanab » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi

I have a few questions about the Trine 2 and the editor.

1.Are you guys gooing to release the exporter for the 3d assets ?
2.Is there any chance for some basic editor video tutorials ?

Thank you.

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:05 pm

razvanab wrote:Hi

I have a few questions about the Trine 2 and the editor.

1.Are you guys gooing to release the exporter for the 3d assets ?
2.Is there any chance for some basic editor video tutorials ?

Thank you.

Sorry for the slight delay. Unfortunately we don't have plans of adding more features to the public editor at least at the moment, but thanks for your feedback.

Video tutorials are something we'd really like to do and hope to get done in the future, but I can't make any promises about this; we're currently really busy with all kinds of projects, so we might not have time for this at least soon. Cheers. :)

Return to “Trine 2”