Suggestions

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Yodake

Re: Suggestions

Postby Yodake » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:50 pm

I'd really like to see a toggable option for Co-Op that a player can take damage by another player.

qian

Postby qian » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:32 am

I want my own upgrades to apply to any multiplayer game I join.

Example of what I'm trying to say is...
Player A upgraded warrior's throw hammer.
I upgraded Thief's ice arrow.
If Player A did not upgrade ice arrow but I did, please let me use my ice arrow in his/her game.
If I did not upgrade warrior's throw hammer, please let player A use his/her throw hammer in my game.

This was probably mentioned already but I'm in somewhat of a hurry and could not resist posting so if it was mentioned, please disregard my post, thanks.

xpo777

Postby xpo777 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:26 pm

I've thought a while if there's anything i could suggest but with Trine 2 but i'm really out of ideas but one: In the Main Menu you can see in the Level Selection how many Vials you collected, Monster EXP etc. I'd like to see a "Fastest Time Completed" Entry. It kinda makes sense you don't want to put in at the End of a Level a kind of Scoreboard, since Trine 2 ist not really a "competitive race". However, the Time Entry in the Main Menu would help us guys who'd really like to do Speedruns of Games.

Just my 2 cents, nothing left :p

Kein

Postby Kein » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:44 am

I'm not sure if you still read this thread Joel, but please, if it is not too late - implement characters swap system in multiplayer. Mechanics is easy: player1 who playing a knight press 2 to call the swap notice for a thief. Within few seconds this notice (a small hud element with two icons of knight<->thief and arrows) being displayed for a thief only (or globally, it does not matter) and if the latter press any swap button - he accepts the character swap and they're (the characters) being swapped between players.

This is, of course, actual for classic mode only.

Also, while we on the topic of suggestions - I really would love to see some multiplayer debug options for next update. Something that could overlay a ping/latency values on the screen when enabled in options.txt. It is really annoying to get weird lags in game and not being able to tell if it is your ping/ISP or actual game issues. Same for error/warning messages - "Connection failed", "Connection to server was lost". WHY? Why it was lost? I s it ping timeout? Or server didn't reply? Or was it unexpected EOF from server aka may be host crashed? It is all valuable for feedback and understanding the issue.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:43 am

There should be a character swap system for 3-player classic mode, ie. when anyone wants to change her character that character portrait flashes in the left corner for 5 seconds, indicating the swap window. 8)

Kein

Postby Kein » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Uhh... really? Not seeing it >_>
Oh well... I'll try again today, I don't even know how could I miss it.

Return to “Trine 2”