Trailer Music; Preview Music

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
johannes1212

Trailer Music; Preview Music

Postby johannes1212 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:04 am

OH MY GOD YESSS TRINE 2!!!

My favourite platforming game since Super Mario World is getting a sequel WOO.

Anywho, fanboyism aside, will we get a chance to download 1 or 2 pieces of music from the soundtrack like we did in Trine 1?
Ari Pulkinnen is a god when it comes to composing the perfect mood/melody for a high fairytale setting like Trine, truly makes you feel like being in a child's storybook.
My personal favourites from the original Trine were Academy Hallways and Dragon Graveyard, but the Trine 2 trailer music just took the top spot for me, so I was wondering if theres a chance we might get to download this particular piece anytime soon? Other than that, this game and it's soundtrack are soooo totally must buys for me!!

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Trailer Music; Preview Music

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:15 am

Yes, I think one or two of the Trine 2 music tracks will be made available as free downloads, probably before the launch of the game. It will still take a while though, nothing is planned right now. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

vicj4

Postby vicj4 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Releasing Trine 2 music tracks as free downloads is a brilliant idea!
Are there any plans for Trine 1 music track as DLC for PSN?
Thanks!

Lucas W

Postby Lucas W » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:07 am

You could sell the songs in the game through iTunes, although, it would be rather pointless as you could always extract them yourself :P

elnalter

Postby elnalter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:32 am

Sell it as some kind of bonus with deluxe? :O

nukem

Postby nukem » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 pm

I´m dying to here more of Ari Pulkkinen great Trine Soundtracks. So amazing, you can get lost in his tunes :)

Kein

Postby Kein » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:18 pm

fb_joel wrote:Yes, I think one or two of the Trine 2 music tracks will be made available as free downloads, probably before the launch of the game.

Why before the launch? It is like... half-of-a-year before it will out :< May be Ari could spare some short samples a bit earlier? :P

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Heh. Well we'll see how it goes. The reason why many things will happen close to release is that it helps with marketing, and gets people to pre-order the game (hopefully!) and so on.

The good news is that we hope to start a Making Of video series for Trine 2 - probably sometime closer to the end of the year. You can bet that those videos will feature a nice amount of music. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

UltimateO

Postby UltimateO » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:41 pm

fb_joel wrote:The good news is that we hope to start a Making Of video series for Trine 2 -

Yes please! Making of videos are totally entertaining.

Return to “Trine 2”