Few questions

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
elnalter

Few questions

Postby elnalter » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:34 am

Dear Frozenbyte, I loved the first Trine and I'm excited for the new online co-op mode in Trine 2.

I bought Trine through steam, and during a sale I bought Trine for a couple friends. Now that Trine 2 is co-op, will there be a preorder discount, or a 3 pack discount?

Secondly, how will online be handled? Will there be a tracker? Local servers?

Thirdly, will there be support for mods?

Thank you for this wonderful and magical game, and may Trine 2 sell a million times over.

No Bic

Re: Few questions

Postby No Bic » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:46 am

elnalter wrote:Dear Frozenbyte, I loved the first Trine and I'm excited for the new online co-op mode in Trine 2.

I bought Trine through steam, and during a sale I bought Trine for a couple friends. Now that Trine 2 is co-op, will there be a preorder discount, or a 3 pack discount?

Secondly, how will online be handled? Will there be a tracker? Local servers?

Thirdly, will there be support for mods?

Thank you for this wonderful and magical game, and may Trine 2 sell a million times over.

Pre-order is pretty likely to happen. 3-pack? It's a good idea, not sure if it'll happen.

I also want to know about online co-op? Are you guys using the Steamworks API for online games?

Third, I don't really care.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:05 am

I'm doubful of having mods for Trine when we look back to Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor and Trine. They all should be using the same engine even Trine uses heavily modified version of Shadowgrounds engine and there were no mod support for Shadowgrounds back then, at least not any big only what level editor allowed, so I'm guessing if there's no level editor in Trine 2 then I doubt there will be any kind of modding support either.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:30 am

elnalter wrote:I bought Trine through steam, and during a sale I bought Trine for a couple friends. Now that Trine 2 is co-op, will there be a preorder discount, or a 3 pack discount?

We will look into this, but as it's still quite long way until the release we don't know yet everything :)

elnalter wrote:Secondly, how will online be handled? Will there be a tracker? Local servers?

The channel (Steam, console ..) will direct players to each other. There's no dedicated server needed for the multiplayer as the game runs a p2p multiplayer system.

elnalter wrote:Thirdly, will there be support for mods?

It's too early to say 8)

elnalter wrote:Thank you for this wonderful and magical game, and may Trine 2 sell a million times over.

Thanks! :D

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:I'm doubful of having mods for Trine when we look back to Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor and Trine. They all should be using the same engine even Trine uses heavily modified version of Shadowgrounds engine and there were no mod support for Shadowgrounds back then, at least not any big only what level editor allowed, so I'm guessing if there's no level editor in Trine 2 then I doubt there will be any kind of modding support either.

I'm not commenting the topic itself as I don't know yet (will there be support for mods), but Trine 2 uses our completely new engine, new tools and everything new and super cool. So, with Trine 2 we have everything working much better than what we had with our previous games.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:37 pm

Ah, alrighty. :)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Return to “Trine 2”