new or old heroes?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Lord_Tony

new or old heroes?

Postby Lord_Tony » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:12 pm

Who are the heroes this time for Trine 2? Is it the original three characters or new characters completely? Well I've seen the Trine 2 trailer and the characters look exactly the same as the first so if they are new you should probably change them up a bit. If it is the original three then don't change a thing unless you feel like it.

Although I would like to see the knight in a new black armor with added spikes and possibly more defense.
Last edited by Lord_Tony on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lelldorianx

Re: new or old heroes?

Postby Lelldorianx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:32 am

I think Trine had some pretty amazing character interaction, but here's my question: Will the Wizard have his pants this time? Or will they somehow escape once again :lol:

Anyway, adding more wheels to the game may off-balance it a little bit, it's easy to forget about some characters and only use one or two as is... just my thoughts :)

Lucas W

Postby Lucas W » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:10 am

The trailer does show and state that the current heroes have to go on a quest again. But the ending of Trine says..

*SPOLIEERRRRESSS*

That the wizard had children and the thief went off into the forest.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Wizard can always leave his family for a bit and you can always look up the Thief from forests. ;)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Lucas W

Postby Lucas W » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:36 pm

You can't just leave your family to die

Lelldorianx

Postby Lelldorianx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Who says you can't? Besides, he's a wizard (of sorts), he can probably block the house in with boxes and bridges ;)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:08 pm

And you're forgetting that the Wizard's offspring are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, after all they have mastered the fireball spell. :mrgreen:

So yes, the characters return in Trine 2,. They will get new skills and the gameplay will be a lot more varied than you might think at the moment, but more on that later... :) Also, the characters visual look will be upgraded - the trailer and any upcoming video materials and screenshots have the old characters because we won't re-do them until much later in the project.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Lelldorianx

Postby Lelldorianx » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:46 am

As long as the mother of these wizardlings is capable of tracking down lost pants :) Of course, that's a magic in its own right!

Lucas W

Postby Lucas W » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:53 am

Aren't the Wizard's children only 1 year old?

zeeZ

Postby zeeZ » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Lucas W wrote:Aren't the Wizard's children only 1 year old?

They're the children of a wizard, duuh. Haven't you heard? A wizard did it. End of discussion :lol:

By saying "the characters visual look will be upgraded" do you mean you're spending most of your resources on the thief's rope swinging animation?
\tpun
(pun indented)

Lord_Tony

Postby Lord_Tony » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:59 pm

The wizard's children also have a mom you know. She could easily take care of them and besides they can take care of them self.

Lucas W

Postby Lucas W » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:09 am

They're were plenty of other Wizards before the events of Trine.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Heh. Good stuff. :)

zeeZ wrote:By saying "the characters visual look will be upgraded" do you mean you're spending most of your resources on the thief's rope swinging animation?

Most likely the grappling hook and its use/animations/etc will be improved quite a bit, but it's just one small part of the whole thing. (Not sure I quite got the question but I guess it's alright.)

Edit: Hah ok. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

zeeZ

Postby zeeZ » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Legs. I think that's enough of a hint about where I was going with that :P I wonder if the wizard could grab that cloth...
\tpun
(pun indented)

nukem

Postby nukem » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:32 pm

If you plan on changing the look of the characters, i hope you really mean their clothes and armors an not the characters them self. Just imagine a tall muscle knight in Trine...brrrr *freezing* he hast to be the same as in Trine one, such a great warrior with its funny bland comments about their traveling ;)

You could make the original costumes a bonus to get as a bonus in the game...hope you do :D

Maybe our heroes will start the game with their Trine 1 outfit and will get new clothes, armor on their journey?

You can see a glimps at their maybe future clothes while looking at the artwork on the Trine 2 page.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Yes, clothes and armor and such (and all of the technical stuff too, like the quality of the textures), not the characters themselves. :) But we'll see how it goes, it's too early to think about that yet.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine 2”