Wizard able to fight this time?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
SirDrago

Wizard able to fight this time?

Postby SirDrago » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:33 am

In Trine when your thief and warrior died it was basically the dead of the whole party since the wizard didnt had any attack spells. He could only try to throw objects at the enemies or run to the next save point so the thief and warrior would be available again.

Are there any plans that the wizard might get a nice spell this time?

Lucas W

Re: Wizard able to fight this time?

Postby Lucas W » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:41 am

Well it can't be a fireball :P

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:45 am

I doubt he gets any offensive spells, but we do have a few tricks which will improve his combat abilities 8)

StumpeRIFIC

Postby StumpeRIFIC » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:46 pm

!!?!??!? Huh!?
I'd play this with friends and they'd always get annoyed that I could kill things as the wizard before they got the chance to! Spawn 1 long platform (or box, but platform is quicker to cast) above any amount of skeletons and it crushes them all. :o
Enjoy the greatest offensive spell ever created!

ZachCraft

Postby ZachCraft » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:09 am

StumpeRIFIC wrote:!!?!??!? Huh!?
I'd play this with friends and they'd always get annoyed that I could kill things as the wizard before they got the chance to! Spawn 1 long platform (or box, but platform is quicker to cast) above any amount of skeletons and it crushes them all. :o
Enjoy the greatest offensive spell ever created!

Then don't kill things so fast. Just because you can be God doesn't mean you should.

ledomira

Postby ledomira » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:56 am

Something like a quick create crate by pressing the triangle button (I have it for PS3) would work, I imagine. I go to draw a crate to crush an enemy sometimes and before I can draw it, he'll pass where I'm drawing it and kill me.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:48 pm

Wizard combat is a bit tricky question, but for Trine 2 we have added a few abilities for the Wizard which will certainly improve his survival chances 8)

kostasmpyras

Postby kostasmpyras » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:55 am

ah.... the platform drawing is sooo usefull . On the other hand, if the enemies attack you from both sides.... well thats a problem for the wizard. Although if you play with one or two pals and you get the wizard , yeah he is the most powerfull , he just needs a "tank" ... Now if his power gets bigger in Trine 2 ... I fear the skeletons will have zero chance to kill the co-op team. They just break to easy :D

Return to “Trine 2”