How many levels in Trine 2?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
EuropeanWizard

How many levels in Trine 2?

Postby EuropeanWizard » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Hello, I found Trine on a CD-Rom included with The Games Machine, an italian videogames' magazine.
I loved it!
:D

I'd like to know, how many levels will be in Trine 2?
Just curious.

(A blu-ray or DVD disc for PS3 as well? My dream, LOL, anyway I'll try and find it on a PC CD-Rom or DVD maybe, this time.
And all languages already included since Trine 2 release, I recommend).
:mrgreen:

Thank you for this spectacular fantasy fantastic game!

ZachCraft

Re: How many levels in Trine 2?

Postby ZachCraft » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:00 pm

It'll probably be more than or equal to Trine 1, but you have to keep in mind: with online co-op, the game will have a LOT more replay value.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Glad to hear. :) And yes, Trine 2 will be slightly longer. There may not be a lot more levels but the levels will be longer (and there will be a good save system so you don't need to restart levels from the beginning). But there's still a lot of development to do so it's hard to say any final level amounts of the length of the game. We'll have to see. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Yeah, as Joel stated, we are aiming a bit longer single player experience than what Trine 1 is. However, we believe as ZachCraft also noted that co-op brings a great deal of replay value. As we have paid great attention to different abilities of each character, changing characters in both 2-player and 3-player co-op will also change the experience a lot, allowing players to even after multiple playthroughs still to discover great deal of new fun for each player 8)

And not to even mention the unlimited solutions and unique puzzles which this time require a bit more than one trick to solve them all :wink:

Return to “Trine 2”