Thank you for the Trine World

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
nukem

Thank you for the Trine World

Postby nukem » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi,

first post and i just want to thank you frozenbyte that you put so much effort into Trine.

This game actually pushed myself over to buy a PS3. I felt in love with the game the moment it was announced.
The Music, The Characters, The Storytelling, The whole atmosphere. It is really my type of game!

Sadly my PS3 is currently at the repairstation at sony but i hope i will get it back this week. Meanwhile i will listen to the brillant music of your game. Thank you Ari Pulkkinen. Without your fantastic Score, Trine wouldn´t be the same!

I could go on and on about how you blown my mind with Trine, but i want to talk a little bit about the Sequel as well.

Great that this time Xbox owners can get Trine too. Any change that my only xbox friends can get a hold of the first installment of Trine on their consoles as well? Seems Atlus changed their plans about that. Maybe some "bundle"?
For me Trine will be always a "Sony only game" if it comes to consoles. I really hope that the PSN Version of Trine 2 will be at least equal as good as the Xbox360 Version. (You never know about AA and higher resolution and such stuff)

Please don´t do any exclusive DLC´s for one plattform only. It really splits the fanbase, and i don´t want that to happen.

Is ist possible that you want to include "Move"-Support for Trine 2? It just came to my mind after seen Sorcery from Sony,
that the PC-Users currently are able to use the magician much faster than on PS3. Don´t get me wrong i really like the way PS3 Version handles. I really prefer a controller to mouse and keyboard anyday. Except RTS but thats a PC-only-Gerne.
What i find is kinda hard control is the Sixaxis-Movment for the platforms a wizard can create. They always seem to rotate in a way i don´t want them to be. But i guess thats just me then ;)

Please, keep your great art style. From the Trailer of Trine 2 again it looks awesome and to me it builds up the same magically felling i got after seeing the Trailer of the first Trine.

Great that you now drive further into the Folktales of old, by presenting us new enemies and a greater selection of creatures to fight and engage.

Also i would be more than happy if you could bring the same voiceactors back for Trine 2. Not just the maincharacters but the same wise old man that sits in his chair near the fireplace and tells us a great fantasy story about our three heroes.
The Storyboardcutscenes are also great, with that little bit of animation. To me it really feels like a picturebook coming to life.

You see, i´m really looking forward to Trine 2 and i hope that every bit of information will let me leave with a smile on my face.

Keep up the great work and again lead us to this magically world of yours

thx for reading :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Thank you for the Trine World

Postby fb_joel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks for the kind words. :) Unfortunately we can't talk about platforms just yet, it will have to wait. Same goes for some other things you asked... But as a general rule, we try to make sure that all platforms get a fair treatment when possible, so things should be good...

We will definitely try to get the same voice cast for Trine 2 too. 8)

Overall we are really happy how Trine 2 is progressing, the levels and assets we are working on right now are absolutely stunning, and there's a lot of nice stuff on the gameplay side too. It'll be worth the long wait. Thanks for your support! :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine 2”