Trine 2 in the news (updated June 29th, 2012)

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Trine 2 in the news (updated June 29th, 2012)

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Update 29th June 2012: For latest news, please see http://trine2.com/site/index.php?page=news


Here's a list of some of the Trine 2 interviews, previews and news so far, sorted by date:

Destructoid, November 11th: http://www.destructoid.com/trine-2-pc-r ... 5589.phtml
Kotaku, November 9th: http://kotaku.com/5857782/trine-2s-an-e ... /gallery/1
GameSpy, Preview, November 8th: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/frozenbyte-201 ... 915p1.html
Gamers Daily News, Preview, November 8th: http://www.gamersdailynews.com/articlen ... age-1.html
Platform Nation, Preview, November 8th: http://www.platformnation.com/2011/11/0 ... 2-preview/
PC Gamer, November 8th: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/08/trine ... l-octopus/
Voodoo Extreme, Preview, November 7th: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/62859/Trine-2-Preview
Digital Hippos, Preview, November 5th: http://digitalhippos.com/gaming/preview/preview-trine-2
Lazy Ass Gamer, First Impression, November 3rd: http://lazyassgamer.com/trine-2-beta-first-impression
Subspace Reviews, Preview, November 3rd: http://www.subspacereviews.com/2011/11/ ... eview.html
Techgage, Preview, November 2nd: http://techgage.com/article/a_look_at_f ... s_trine_2/
Inside Mac Games, Preview, October 31st: http://www.insidemacgames.com/previews/view.php?ID=270
Delta Gamer, Preview, October 30th: http://deltagamer.com/19388/more-time-with-trine-2
Joystiq, August 29: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/29/trine-2-preview/
Kotaku, August 26: http://kotaku.com/5834658/the-luscious- ... /gallery/1
DeltaGamer, August 20th: http://deltagamer.com/14337/hands-on-trine-2
PSU, August 10th: http://www.psu.com/Fantasy-physics---PS ... 514-p0.php
Epic Brew, August 8th: http://epicbrew.net/2011/08/08/epic-bre ... t-trine-2/
Raze the World, March 26th: http://razetheworld.com/gaming/trine-2- ... rozenbyte/
GameTrailers, March 16th: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... e-2/711767 (new trailer)
First Drop, March 11th: http://www.firstdropshow.com/interview-frozenbyte
Game Informer, March 7th: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/trine ... mwork.aspx
GameSpot, March 1st: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/trin ... daily-demo
GameTrailers, March 1st: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/previ ... 2?type=flv
IGN, February 28th: http://www.ign.com/videos/games/trine-2-xbox-360-77249
Siliconera.com, December 10th: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/10/fr ... haracters/
Gamereactor.eu, December 7th: http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/5809/Exc ... 2+screens/ (new screenshots)
1up.com, October 11th: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3181832
GameSpot, August 6th: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/trin ... e=previews
Tom's Hardware Guide Turkey, July 28th: http://oyun.thgtr.com/node/29467
GameStar.ru, July 7th: http://gamestar.ru/article/1579.html
Gamingbolt, July 6th: http://gamingbolt.com/2010/07/06/trine- ... rozenbyte/
Konsolifin.net, June 18th: http://www.konsolifin.net/playstation/jutut/114/ (article in Finnish)
Big Download, June 18th: http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/06/18/ ... n-trine-2/

ZachCraft
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Trine 2 interviews

Postby ZachCraft » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:08 am

Hey, thanks! Will this thread get updated with more info in the future?

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Trine 2 interviews

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:32 pm

ZachCraft wrote:Hey, thanks! Will this thread get updated with more info in the future?


Yeah, I'll post all interviews here once they are out. There should be a few coming soon .. 8)

ZachCraft
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Trine 2 interviews (updated October 12)

Postby ZachCraft » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 am

Hey Lauri. Just read that recent 1up interview (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3181832) and was wondering if you could elaborate upon some things from the interviews, and just general questions I've had on my mind for a bit.

"a completely new story" Will this mean that the characters aren't looking for a way to separate themselves?

"and the almost limitless physics-based solutions certainly help at that" Would it be possible, physics-wise, to have some sort of telekinesis ability (presumably for the wizard) that can be used upon actual enemies, similar to the Havok engine?

Are you guys going to be taking those bat enemies out of the game? They were pretty difficult to kill as anyone but the Thief, and even then they seemed to do a load of damage.

Lastly, who in the hell was that skeleton-Death-sort-of-guy end boss in the first game?

Thanks in advance :D

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Trine 2 interviews (updated October 12)

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:52 am

ZachCraft wrote:"a completely new story" Will this mean that the characters aren't looking for a way to separate themselves?


Well, they got free in the end of Trine 1, so in Trine 2 the situation is a bit different story-wise. And it's a really good story this time :D

ZachCraft wrote:"and the almost limitless physics-based solutions certainly help at that" Would it be possible, physics-wise, to have some sort of telekinesis ability (presumably for the wizard) that can be used upon actual enemies, similar to the Havok engine?


There's a few neat tricks coming for the Wizard, and one of them is closeish to this 8)

ZachCraft wrote:Are you guys going to be taking those bat enemies out of the game? They were pretty difficult to kill as anyone but the Thief, and even then they seemed to do a load of damage.


Yeah, no more bats in Trine 2. Live and learn, or make games and hope that you have learned something ;)

ZachCraft wrote:Lastly, who in the hell was that skeleton-Death-sort-of-guy end boss in the first game?


Heh, even he sort of was thought out, we failed to introduce him in Trine 1. Luckily in Trine 2 things are now way better!

ZachCraft wrote:Thanks in advance :D


No problem! :D

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Trine 2 interviews (updated October 12)

Postby fb_joel » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 am

FB_Lauri wrote:
ZachCraft wrote:Lastly, who in the hell was that skeleton-Death-sort-of-guy end boss in the first game?
Heh, even he sort of was thought out, we failed to introduce him in Trine 1. Luckily in Trine 2 things are now way better!

You should know better! It was the corrupted old king, or "what little remained" of him.

But yeah Trine 2 will have a much more understandable story. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ZachCraft
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: Trine 2 interviews (updated October 12)

Postby ZachCraft » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:54 am

fb_joel wrote:
FB_Lauri wrote:
ZachCraft wrote:Lastly, who in the hell was that skeleton-Death-sort-of-guy end boss in the first game?
Heh, even he sort of was thought out, we failed to introduce him in Trine 1. Luckily in Trine 2 things are now way better!

You should know better! It was the corrupted old king, or "what little remained" of him.

But yeah Trine 2 will have a much more understandable story. :)


Great to hear!

User avatar
Neolander
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Trine 2 interviews (updated October 12)

Postby Neolander » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:32 am

FB_Lauri wrote:And it's a really good story this time :D

Aw, come on, Trine 1's story was very enjoyable already ;) Sort of like a fairy tales, but with a nasty narrator who keeps having fun at the heroes' expense... Sure, it was only an excuse for the game, but for an excuse it was well-done.

The biggest issue with Trine 1 in my opinion was not the story, but rather the lack of variety among monsters and puzzles encountered. And it seems that you're fixing that.

Skaruts
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:36 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Trine 2 interviews (updated October 12)

Postby Skaruts » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:38 am

Neolander wrote:
FB_Lauri wrote:And it's a really good story this time :D

Aw, come on, Trine 1's story was very enjoyable already ;) Sort of like a fairy tales, but with a nasty narrator who keeps having fun at the heroes' expense... Sure, it was only an excuse for the game, but for an excuse it was well-done.

The biggest issue with Trine 1 in my opinion was not the story, but rather the lack of variety among monsters and puzzles encountered. And it seems that you're fixing that.


Yes I enjoyed the story too, and especialy the narrator having fun. It felt like I was playing a story that some grandpa was telling to his children in front of a fireplace. And that grandpa never mentioned the names of the heroes, which didn't felt wrong at all, just felt like a legend - instead of a true story of grandpa's younger days - in which the heroes' names were not known or irrelevant. And at the same time that was funny.

This also reminded me of one game I saw once in which the narrator had enough of the same old story and asked "Aren't you tired of hearing this? I know I'm tired of telling it..."

Sometimes simpler things can be refreshing, and elaborate things can become boring. But this kind of unconventional ingredients can be very nice and fun. I think this game was "au point".
The bigest issues for me were the same as you say, although I've seen many platformers being even more repetitive. I guess the many possible solutions for the puzzles - and me having fun with the grapling hook - made it less monotone.

The only thing I missed in this game (mind that this is just me, not the game :D) was to be able to do more stuff with the thief. I'm passionate with thieves and at some point I was wishing I was playing something like the Thief series, but in this platformer. Would love to play a game like that.

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Trine 2 news (updated November 9th, 2011)

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:53 am

Added some very nice previews 8)

I'm used to the fact that rarely previews bash games, even if the games deserve that, but I must say these Trine 2 previews are really really nice. It really warms my heart to read that so many journalists (or so far it seems everyone of them 8)) have enjoyed the results of our hard work. :D

User avatar
Kein
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:34 pm
Location: Soviet Empire
Contact:

Re: Trine 2 news (updated November 9th, 2011)

Postby Kein » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Positive review/welcome from GameSpot?
That's new.

tommyla
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Trine 2 news (updated November 11th, 2011)

Postby tommyla » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:58 am

5 stars from NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation)
http://p3.no/filmpolitiet/2011/12/trine-2/

btw any Trine Collection Pack for Christmas?
basically a pack that includes Trine Collector's Edition, Trine 2 Collector's Edition and FLAC soundtracks
it will be perfect as a gift to give someone on steam

User avatar
Kein
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:34 pm
Location: Soviet Empire
Contact:

Re: Trine 2 news (updated November 11th, 2011)

Postby Kein » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:03 am


User avatar
Kein
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:34 pm
Location: Soviet Empire
Contact:

Re: Trine 2 news (updated November 11th, 2011)

Postby Kein » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:12 am



Return to “Trine 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests