hud / gui options & take screenshots

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
ledomira

hud / gui options & take screenshots

Postby ledomira » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:13 am

I love Trine, but really wanted to be able to enjoy it without the gui / hud. Please provide an option to disable the hud in Trine 2. (I play the PS3 version of Trine, btw).

While a fading hud would work, the best option would be to not have it showing at all except when a button on the controller is pressed, which would temporarily bring up the gui (to see each character's health) and then have it go away when the key is released. That way the info would be readily available without obstructing from the beautiful scenery. Also, it would be nice to turn off the hints for opening chests, etc.

What would be really neat, is if you let people take screenshots in game. I would love to take screenshots, save them to the PS3 hard drive and use them as my background on my playstation. You can include the option for the other versions of the game too. This may seem like an unimportant feature, but I have never seen a game more worthy of having screenshots taken of it.

ZachCraft

Re: hud / gui options & take screenshots

Postby ZachCraft » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:27 pm

I'm all for this. Even though Trine was an incredibly awesome experience when it came to presentation, having the ability to hide everything would really emphasize the bomb ass art style that's present.

Do want.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: hud / gui options & take screenshots

Postby fb_joel » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:54 pm

Yeah. Like I said in the other thread this is something that we will hopefully be able to include in Trine 2 in one form or another. No promises though, but at least we are aware of this and I think it's easy to agree with the sentiment (that Trine 1/Trine 2 is such a beautiful game). :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine 2”