Trine 2 PS4

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
beautifultorment

Trine 2 PS4

Postby beautifultorment » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:25 am

Before anything, I just want to say that I love the games you guys have made. Bought Trine 1 and 2 on PS3, and then again on PS4. Had one positive experience with these forums in the past, and I really respect that with developers.

I just launched Trine 2 for PS4 for the first time today. The first thing I try to do is host a friend-only session (on WiFi at this point). Instantly get an error "WS-36629-6". I decide OK, maybe I will try a wired connection, so I hook up an ethernet cable and still instantly get error "WS-36629-6" when I try to host. My friend on PSN is having this exact same issue. We don't even get to the invite screen. I then tried to browse lobbies, same error. Tried to quick join, same error. I am signed into PSN and my connection is very stable, as I have never had connection problems in any game.

Are your servers down at the moment? If I can't play co-op, I don't want to play this game. I love the game, but it is so much more fun to play it with my friends!

beautifultorment

Re: Trine 2 PS4

Postby beautifultorment » Fri May 01, 2015 1:27 am

Just as an update: I've had several friends download the game and attempt to host an online lobby. The count of people who are affected has now increased to 5 people (including myself) that I am aware of. Literally nobody can host a lobby right now.

Stray

Postby Stray » Sat May 02, 2015 2:10 am

Sorry I can't help, but I wanted you to know that you're not alone.

I bought Trine 2 for the PS4 last week, and I had the same problem after attempting to co-op with a friend yesterday for the first time. (That is, we both had the same problem you did. Same error -- couldn't do anything with the multiplayer, couldn't browse games, couldn't host a game, nothing.) I spent a couple hours trying to figure out if anyone else had the same problem, but there weren't any recent posts and it felt like we were the only ones with the issue. I sent an email to support before bed. Like you, I also figured the servers were down, but I tried again this morning without any luck.

Rboyce321

Postby Rboyce321 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:50 am

I have the same issue as well. Extremely frustrating because I want to play with my 2 friends before trine 3 comes to ps4. Please frozenbyte reply to these posts and help us out?

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Thu May 07, 2015 7:19 am

Sorry about this!

Seems like the maintenance that had to be done for our system on PlayStation 4 broke the Online Multiplayer for Trine 2: Complete Story at least from the North American version. Do you own this version as well?

We are currently looking into the problem, but unfortunately it's likely the fix will take several weeks. :( The fix will most likely be a new patch.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Rboyce321

Postby Rboyce321 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:46 am

Yes I own the North American version of the trine 2: complete collection.

beautifultorment

Postby beautifultorment » Sun May 10, 2015 5:26 am

Everyone I know who owns this game has been using the North American version.

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Wed May 13, 2015 10:15 am

This issue should be fixed now. :) Please let us know if it still does not work though.

Return to “Trine 2”