Installing Trine 2

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Valen

Installing Trine 2

Postby Valen » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:31 am

My wife and I each got a Trine 2 for Christmas, I have installed the game but the anti virus program is removing this file which the steam game launcher is saying it is missing the exe. I was wondering if this is a valid file or a bad file. The file name is W32/FakeAlert.FY.gen!Eldorado

Can someone validate this for me?

MarjutFB

Re: Installing Trine 2

Postby MarjutFB » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:01 am

Sorry that I couldn't answer you earlier! :(

We haven't gotten other reports about this, so it's very likely a false alarm. It's fairly common that .exe files are marked harmful, but I don't think you really need to worry about any games downloaded from Steam.

If you want more details, please send us the location this file was at. Also the name you wrote "W32/FakeAlert.FY.gen!Eldorado" seems more like type of the file than an actual file's name, so please check that. But most likely you just have to set the game to your antivirus program's exceptions to play it.

You can email your answer to us at Support[at]Frozenbyte[dot]com for a quicker reply.

Cheers!

Return to “Trine 2”