Is Trine 3 a possibility?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
sanjo

Is Trine 3 a possibility?

Postby sanjo » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:41 am

I realize you couldn't officially comment about this, but I'll ask anyway in hopes you may be able to 'speak between the lines'.

Would the prospect of a Trine 3 depend solely on revenue generated by Trine 2? Other factors of course could, and generally do, enter into play when sequels are considered. Will the current team be willing to return? Or could IP rights be sold off to another developer? Or, are there simply other projects the developers wish to focus on.

I'm just curious if FB is willing to consider Trine 3 if the factors all line up in favor of that.

Thanks!!

Sanjo

Kein

Re: Is Trine 3 a possibility?

Postby Kein » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Lol, usually such questions goes AFTER the release of a game.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Actually I can make an official comment about this - or at least "this is what we think right now". We don't set our plans in stone so anything can happen...

After Trine 2 has been released, we will most likely focus on some DLC for it, although this is not yet certain and depends on a few things (such as sales, but also on other things such as whether or not we find an interesting "concept" for the DLC).

We will also start development on a new IP. If Trine 2 sells really well, we might even start development on two new IPs, or substitute one for a new Shadowgrounds game, that would be exciting too. We've been brewing a couple of awesome ideas here for the past few years. :)

As for Trine 3, we have no plans yet, but if things go well then I'm sure a third installment in the series will happen at some point in the future.

There you go. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Agnubis

Postby Agnubis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:02 am

First at nothing I want to thank you for such a beautiful game,this bring it back the 80's years with the new technology,something beautiful,a unique game like this!
Some tips for the "trine 3"
beautiful Beach,Deserts(with statues and sculptures-sands,etc),The city in ruins,the undersea palace!(that begins over the water!),The lost Canyon,In the roof of heaven!(all in floating mountains like avatar)
The Castle(some terrorific castle with catacumbs etc),and maybe the trine could make a little voyage with ours heroes to our future (2012)to find some artifact! and bring them back after(and they say what a strange world!) :roll:

[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi I'm a new subscriber! I love frozenbyte and my favourite games are Trine & Trine 2! If another Trine sequel is going to be out, that would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E...!! keep up the good job Frozenbyte...!:)
Anastasia

mike26

Postby mike26 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:13 pm

T2 is awesome, but if there is ever T3 - Difc. level needs to go up, fix the self-levitation bug, hardere enemies&more work for the knight('cos he's almost obsolete in T2), and some time manipulation abilities for the wizard(and puzzels involving that) would be very intresting. Don't change the art style - the best in the game! Few cut-scene would be nice - keep it as a reward. That's my sugestions. THX

SoOp7

Postby SoOp7 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:27 pm

fb_joel wrote:Actually I can make an official comment about this - or at least "this is what we think right now". We don't set our plans in stone so anything can happen...

After Trine 2 has been released, we will most likely focus on some DLC for it, although this is not yet certain and depends on a few things (such as sales, but also on other things such as whether or not we find an interesting "concept" for the DLC).

We will also start development on a new IP. If Trine 2 sells really well, we might even start development on two new IPs, or substitute one for a new Shadowgrounds game, that would be exciting too. We've been brewing a couple of awesome ideas here for the past few years. :)

As for Trine 3, we have no plans yet, but if things go well then I'm sure a third installment in the series will happen at some point in the future.

There you go. :)

Um , Ya... I just played this game for the first time last night. I downloaded the demo off of steam for my pc, and this morning i bought the game for my xbox 360, and I also bought it on my pc too. I bought it on the xbox , then i saw the graphical quality, so i had to buy it on my pc too .. Now my wife can play it in the living room ,and i can play it in my office lol.

BAsically what im saying is -

I just bought 2 copies of this game, I expect to see a Trine 3 in the near future =D

xitrum

Postby xitrum » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Hey, if you ever need funding for Trine 3, consider crowd-funding like Kickstarter. I'll throw in my support if I can get a DRM-free version (ala Double Fine Adventure). :D

Return to “Trine 2”