Enemies

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
NXTLukas

Enemies

Postby NXTLukas » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi and many thanks for making the most epic game EVER, Frozenbyte!

I just wanted to ask, if there will still be skeletons (which are sometimes a bit too dumb... :lol: )
I didn't see any in the trailer. Instead there were much bigger enemies, which seem to need more strategy to kill.
So can you say anything about the enemies I will have to fight this summer???

ZachCraft

Re: Enemies

Postby ZachCraft » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:22 pm

I asked this question long ago.

There will still be plenty of skeletons, along with many other enemies.

And bats will be taken out.

NXTLukas

Postby NXTLukas » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks, Zachcraft.
:)

Bats were the hardest ones... I lost the lost of my life from these.

ZachCraft

Postby ZachCraft » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Yeah, the bats screwed me over plenty. I definitely feel like they were unfairly strong when compared to the rest of the enemies in the game.

Oh hey, I found my old thread:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2312

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Heh, indeed.

However, I should correct this: There will in fact be NO skeletons in Trine 2. The skeletons are done and dealt with, this new adventure has a new threat and new enemies... :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Malidictus

Postby Malidictus » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:37 am

Pity. Skeletons were fun to crush underfoot, with that satisfying sound of creaking wood :)

As for the bats, I honestly don't see them as such a problem. They were ANNOYING, no question there, but they were never a meaningful problem. Bats were easily dealt with by either firing arrows into the air or otherwise simply having the Warrior jump and flair his sword around like he's trying to shake off a swarm of angry bees. I've never really suffered much damage from them, just mild irritation.

ZachCraft

Postby ZachCraft » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:26 am

No skeletons, you say?

Will there be a certain main enemy throughout all of the levels that we'll regularly fight, or will it be varied?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:13 pm

We're aiming for more variety in the enemies, but yeah the goblins will be the main enemy type. We also have more "special" enemies so it should be good.

I do agree that crushing skeletons was very satisfying, so we'll have to work hard to get similar feelings for the fights in Trine 2. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Gzegzolka

Postby Gzegzolka » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:57 pm

I won't be original with my comment but I like skeletons too :) I like them because there were many types of them (those in armors, shields, with bows, giant or flame types) and they were enjoyable to kill be jumping on them, kicking, shooting with flame arrows or with created items. I wish to see them back in Trine2, but I understood that next game will have new story and need new enemy. Maybe there will be DLC level with them - like a "road to new dawn"? Try to think about some catacombs or old abandon fortress in snowy mountains where remain small group of them from first game. Or why not to create something crazy? Last group of skeleton army could overtake Knight brewery or Wizard library.

I do not think that bats were hard enemy - bats were annoying that's all, the biggest disadvantage of them was fact that wizard can not kill them and sometimes knight sword swinging do not detect hit too. I hope that new spiders won't follow player underwater (players can not attack while being under water in Trine1).

fb_Exc

Postby fb_Exc » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Gzegzolka wrote:I won't be original with my comment but I like skeletons too :) I like them because there were many types of them (those in armors, shields, with bows, giant or flame types) and they were enjoyable to kill be jumping on them, kicking, shooting with flame arrows or with created items. I wish to see them back in Trine2, but I understood that next game will have new story and need new enemy. Maybe there will be DLC level with them - like a "road to new dawn"? Try to think about some catacombs or old abandon fortress in snowy mountains where remain small group of them from first game. Or why not to create something crazy? Last group of skeleton army could overtake Knight brewery or Wizard library.

Sounds good and this is something that some of us have already discussed at the office :) But no skeletons in Trine 2, but who knows what happens in future 8)
Senior Producer @ Frozenbyte, Inc.

Gzegzolka

Postby Gzegzolka » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:13 pm

I know, I know - new Trine 2 means new adventure (and that's what I hope to see), but how about some DLC, I believe no one would be angry if it was free DLC with one bonus level.

Return to “Trine 2”