MOD TOOL can make the game last longer.

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
w8803425

MOD TOOL can make the game last longer.

Postby w8803425 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:08 am

I would really think the frozenbyte release a MOD tool, so when we finished the game, we can still play !

Emil12345558

Re: MOD TOOL can make the game last longer.

Postby Emil12345558 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:21 pm

The game doesn't seem easily moddable though. But even if you can't make levels from scratch, just being able to move some of the simpler pieces like platforms, enemies, and ability-availability would be interesting enough in itself.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:22 pm

We have not yet made a decision regarding Trine 2 and modding. The problems are kind of the same as with the first Trine (extremely difficult to use for novice users, hard to distribute levels, etc), however the inclusion of online multiplayer means that the fanbase will hopefully be bigger, and I'm sure it would be cool to do some stuff and play it with your friends.

I can say that any mod tools will not be released at launch - we will not have time to test them until a bit after launch. And any tools would also be Windows-only (so no luck for XBLA/PSN/Mac/Linux) because our tools are based on Windows tech and systems.

So in other words, let's see how this goes... Again. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Rahabib

Postby Rahabib » Tue May 03, 2011 10:32 pm

I would be ok with just allowing users to post files on their own websites and then just simply place them into a mod folder. Its the way its been done for decades for PC modders, it will still be fine for the hardcore Trine players.

And... I would pay for mod tools if thats the problem.

Return to “Trine 2”