Trine 2 Loot

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
jasonmwnf

Trine 2 Loot

Postby jasonmwnf » Fri May 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Hello,

I just played a bit of the Trine 1 demo with my kids. REALLY enjoyed it. One thing i was wondering though, is there "loot" in these games? Upgradeable items and the like? I don't think i noticed any in the Trine 1 demo. Will Trine 2 have loot? Thanks, really looking forward either way!

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Trine 2 Loot

Postby fb_joel » Fri May 13, 2011 8:38 pm

There are treasure chests, some of which are hidden and give additional items. Not really 'loot' in that sense but better than nothing for the adventure-hungry gamer. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

jasonmwnf

Postby jasonmwnf » Sat May 14, 2011 3:22 pm

Thanks for the reply!

ZachCraft

Postby ZachCraft » Sat May 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Not sure if it was in the demo, but as you progress through the game and level up, you can upgrade your characters as well. Some of the upgrades include their weapons, too.

Malidictus

Postby Malidictus » Sun May 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Personally, I've always seen the term "loot" with a negative connotation. I didn't really mind the chest items in the original Trine since their stats were fairly simple, but anything approaching RPG or MMO levels of loot complexity would just serve to bog the game down into technicalities and min/maxing, which isn't what Trine should really be about. I get that in a sword and sorcery game, you kind of have to toss the player a few magical items, but I'd rather they weren't a large focus of the game.

Return to “Trine 2”