Trine 2 on the PSVita

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
loadstone007

Trine 2 on the PSVita

Postby loadstone007 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Please make it so :)
It would be awesome with all of the device's capabilities!

ZachCraft

Re: Trine 2 on the PSVita

Postby ZachCraft » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:11 pm

I doubt they'll put it on any handhelds because they're a very small company and developing for any one platform is already difficult.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Also Trine 2 is so far ahead in development that such radical decissions near endish side of the development aren't likely. Maybe after the release like with Trine and Linux.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Trine 2 will release first on the consoles and PC/Mac/Linux - then we will see about additional platforms. We are interested in PS Vita and Wii U, so we'll see what happens down the road, but for now there are no plans. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

wave900309

Postby wave900309 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:19 am

Oh,I Hope I can play Trine2 on Vita,my notebook just could run Trine in low graphics,I think it is hard to run Trine 2,but I want to buy a Vita soon 。sorry for my bad English...

AJack

Postby AJack » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:36 pm

I was just about to make a post on this topic myself. The Vita seems like an ideal platform for a game like Trine - touch gestures for summoning objects as the wizard, perhaps tapping to target objects with the grappling hook, pinch-zoom control for refocusing the camera, etc.

I imagine a good relationship with Sony, and being able to run on the PS3 architecture couldn't hurt either. Maybe a bundle of both games on a single cart to increase value for money?

Hell, I'd buy it.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:36 pm

I'd buy it too. :) But yeah hard to say yet. We'll look into some interesting platforms as we get the regular platforms launched and in good shape, and then see what happens.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Like Joel said, we are very interested to explore any new platforms, but at the same time we are very interested doing more Trine, we are very interested to get Splot done as a perfect game, we are very interested in doing more Shadowgrounds, and we are very interested to do three new IP's ... I guess this has been always our story, although we have managed to somehow focus our great enthusiasm towards a couple games. :D

I guess at the end of the day we do realize that we have to pick something instead of everything :?

AJack

Postby AJack » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:21 am

FB_Lauri wrote:Like Joel said, we are very interested to explore any new platforms, but at the same time we are very interested doing more Trine, we are very interested to get Splot done as a perfect game, we are very interested in doing more Shadowgrounds, and we are very interested to do three new IP's ... I guess this has been always our story, although we have managed to somehow focus our great enthusiasm towards a couple games. :D

I guess at the end of the day we do realize that we have to pick something instead of everything :?

Still, there are worse things than having too many ideas and not enough time. I can think of quite a few bigger devs who seem to have the opposite problem.

Return to “Trine 2”