Standalone DRM Free Non Steam Version

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
silidan

Re: Standalone DRM Free Non Steam Version

Postby silidan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Standalone DRM Free Non Steam Linux Version of Trine and Trine 2 thats what i wait for. Since i refuse to pay via PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, Amazon id be happy about wire Transfer or if i could buy it in a shop (Germany).
But mostly Steam -> no thanks. I am really a Fan of The Elder Scrolls series, but with Skyrim needing Steam -> no thanks.
You use/require Steam? -> no money from me.

regards
Rainer

Mjauv

Postby Mjauv » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:36 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:We have taken some steps forward for the non-DRM version to happen "soon" after the release. But our official statement is "no promises", as otherwise people will be disappointed if we are a few days late. 8)
So, now that the Steam-version has been released... when will the rest of us play Trine 2?

xitrum

Postby xitrum » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:08 am

Wow! Just got back home from business to find out that the game launched! :D

Now, count me in as one who will hold out for a DRM-free mutliplayer version. Before you say it can't be done, just take a look at Dungeon Defenders. They have a DRM-free version (non Steam) that supports multiplayer online via Gamespy. Yeah, I've been playing that and helped move 10 licenses for them within our gaming circle. I can help move 10 licenses for Trine 2 if a DRM-free version is available that supports online multiplayer.

moho25

Postby moho25 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm sure that everyone over there is still extremely busy right now, but could we get an update on the release on the non-Steam (Windows) version of the game? Even a rough ballpark of when it might be out? This month? March? April?

Also, can you confirm that this will be a physical copy that doesn't require Steam and will be DRM-free? I had thought that's what this thread was discussing, but I think I remember in a different thread a moderator saying that was not accurate. If not, can you confirm what alternatives will soon be available for Windows besides the current digital version that requires Steam to play?

Thanks much!

Return to “Trine 2”