13 €

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Mr.Toast

13 €

Postby Mr.Toast » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 pm

I loved the first Trine game and payed 30 € on Steam one week before release (at this time Trine was only available as a bundle with Shadowgrounds).
And all I can say it that Trine was awesome, i played it several times alone and with friends in local coop. (according to my Steam playtime, I played Trine for over 27 hours)
I even bought the Frozenbyte Bundle two times, because Trine was just to awesome for 30 €

And now I am just wondering why Trine 2 is on Steam for pre-purchase for only 13 € ? I waited several months for Trine 2 and wanted to throw my money at my screen to get Trine 2, and now you really only want 13 € from me ? Trine 1 still costs 20 € on Steam, how is it possible that Trine 2 is cheaper than the original game which is already 3 years old ?

Is it a bug or is the game way shorter than the first game or are you guys just too rich ?

FB_Lauri

Re: 13 €

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Original Trine was a bit too expensive at launch for reasons beyond our control.

With Trine 2 for us it's most important to have similar pricing on all platforms, and consoles work best at the $15 pricepoint.

The game definitely could cost more and thus has awesome value! 8) We've made our best game so far and there's no corners cut at any point. Unfortunately the reason isn't either that we are be rich, quite opposite, we've spent everything we've collected during past 2,5 years on Trine 2 and to improve it's quality :D

Raicuparta

Postby Raicuparta » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:37 pm

EDIT: ok nevermind :P
The fact that it is so cheap makes it even more awesome

Zybex

Postby Zybex » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:48 am

Price is great. That + beta and I couldn't resist. :D
I was checking for a release date almost every day. I just pre-ordered. :twisted:
Now - whenever in December it will launch - I'm sure to be able to play right away. :)

It's good. I'm from Poland. Many people here struggles with life because of very low paying jobs. To them - 10 euros is like 150 euros to any people lucky enough to earn decent money for their work. Trine 1 had great price, but for many polish gamers - it was still too much. Trine 2 costs less, and as a polish Trine fan - I say thank you for that.
It will still be alot for many, but we're talking about Trine 2 here - WHAT A GAME! :) Even those who buy very little and only by discount prices and from promotions - will consider. Most (or all) of our paper and internet media - will surely announce this good news through loudspeakers, screaming as loud as possible - "It's worth it!".. Trine 1 had great reviews, It was titled "the best e-distribution game" in the most popular game magazine - PSX Extreme.
I hope sales numbers in Poland will beat Trine 1 tenfold. At least. :)

I already told all of my gaming friends about the Trine 2 price.
By advising them to buy I make a good deed for them and for the Frozenbyte team - which will benefit me in return, because every euro for Frozenbyte will be well spent - for making another great game that I will enjoy.

Nono

Postby Nono » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:10 am

Mr.Toast : where do you leave ? If you want to throw money by your window, I'll be there and I'm awesome too (it's a lie) !

There is way to give more money : buy the game twice, buy the game to all your friends, buy the game 1000$ at a future Humble pack... Or buy the game once and tell everybody about how good it is... The world has to know !

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:30 pm

From our perspective spreading the word is the best option 8). Naturally we are thankful for any assistance.

ManyPopes

Postby ManyPopes » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:10 pm

And nothing spreads the word more than "it's only £12"...

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:39 pm

ManyPopes wrote:And nothing spreads the word more than "it's only £12"...

Yeah, the value should be pretty good :)

khodak

Postby khodak » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:23 pm

I think, that if Mr.Toast wanted to throw his money, hi can to buy 2, 3 of 5 Trine 2 games in Steam and give them to his friends.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:39 pm

We have also three other games in Steam. However, I'd suggest to wait until next week when the price adjustments kick in :wink:

Ravenbar

Postby Ravenbar » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Not doing the $ = € thing puts you above most publishers in the eyes of European customers. :D

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:35 pm

Ravenbar wrote:Not doing the $ = € thing puts you above most publishers in the eyes of European customers. :D

Yeah, it's the only right thing to do! Our earlier games are also getting this treatment soon .. finally. :? (pricing of them was more out of our hands ...)

I do remember that back when Trine 1 launched the conversation got sometimes a bit heated regarding this.

loadstone007

Postby loadstone007 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:40 pm

I really hope Trine 2 will make you a lot of money so you'll be able to create more awesome games. The inclusion of Xbox gamers should really help that happen (even though I feel betrayed :)).

I'll be sure to get the second game.

Return to “Trine 2”