Launcher Starts Launcher

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
xpo777

Launcher Starts Launcher

Postby xpo777 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am

Hello there, i preordered the Game for me and also gave it as a gift to a friend on Steam. My copy of Trine 2 works perfeclty, i had no difficulties at all! However, when my friend starts the launcher and presses the "Start Game" Button it just closes the Launcher and after a second the Launcher Pops up again. I've updated all his drivers and checked the logs for any clues but i found nothing. We also tried to reinstall and start the Launcher and Game (trine2_32bit.exe and trine2_launcher.exe) as Administrators but that did not change the situation.

Does anybody else have also this problem too ? If not, is there anything we can do or try ?

Thanks in advance

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Launcher Starts Launcher

Postby fb_joel » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:03 am

Thanks for supporting us - I'm confident we can get this solved. :)

Here's a similar post that got solved by installing .NET framework. That's something you can try.

Also, you can try launching trine2_32bit.exe directly from the game's folder. It might give an error or just work...

Let me know.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

xpo777

Postby xpo777 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:51 am

fb_joel wrote:Also, you can try launching trine2_32bit.exe directly from the game's folder. It might give an error or just work...

I already did that:

xpo777 wrote: We also tried to reinstall and start the Launcher and Game (trine2_32bit.exe and trine2_launcher.exe) as Administrators but that did not change the situation.

Will check the .NET issue and report back.

Raicuparta

Postby Raicuparta » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:03 pm

Laucnher within a launcher? Trinception :shock:

xpo777

Postby xpo777 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:26 am

Raicuparta wrote:Laucnher within a launcher? Trinception :shock:

Yeah :)

Just came back to say that i've reinstalled PhysX and .NET 3.5 and 4 and after that it worked (tough .NET and Physix WHERE already installed on his System and every Package was up-to-date!)

Strange... anyway, our problem is solved.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:46 am

Ok good. PhysX should not be a problem in Trine 2 as we include all the necessary files with the game, so it was probably .NET in this case (not quite sure why exactly).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine 2”