Three Bugs

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
xpo777

Three Bugs

Postby xpo777 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:25 am

After Playing much Co-Op with my friend (at least 14 Playtroughs! and most of the achievements :p) we discovered three bugs:

1) At the start of Cutscenes a player can often freeze, it looks funny but is more of a cosmetic bug:

2) We discovered often that the third Player freezes by the Spawn, nothing you can do about it except re-host the game in order to work normally:

3) EVERYTIME i host a game and we play the Intro, as soon as all three Players got the Knight the first Two Players who bounce on the Pumpkin go invisible (you can still see the sword sometimes flash trough) after the start of the second Level they become visible again. This happened every time, it's perfectly repeatable.

I cannot say for certain if this is a bug with Trine or the Steam API but... sometimes we all got some Achievement at the same time (Stacking 8 Objects or Surfboard Master for example) but others don't work in Co-Op. The Achivement for "Cirque de Zoya" for example was unlocked on my friends Steam but not with me (while Playing Co-Op of course...) we had to try it several times again until i got it too :)

Other than that i found the game run pretty smoothly. Thanks for your awesome work and i will be waiting in excitement until the Game is released.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Three Bugs

Postby fb_joel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

The Achievements should be unlocked for all (although there may be some exceptions, not quite sure).

The first bug is a known issue, not sure if we will fix...

The second bug is new to me, but might be known/fixed by the programmers already.

And the third sounds really weird. :) I'll have to check if this is something we know about. If you can take a video capture that might help a bit (we have played 3 player online co-op many times, and I don't think we've come across this issue).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Kein

Postby Kein » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 am

3) EVERYTIME i host a game and we play the Intro, as soon as all three Players got the Knight the first Two Players who bounce on the Pumpkin go invisible (you can still see the sword sometimes flash trough) after the start of the second Level they become visible again. This happened every time, it's perfectly repeatable.

i can confirm this one. Happened to me too.

xpo777

Postby xpo777 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:45 am

I've also encountered several Crashes when you get in Co-Op too far from the other Players (like falling down a hole). This error appears:

I have a Crash Dump File i can send to you if there's interest.

Edit:I'm curious: Why do you not save the Log files in %appdata%\Trine2 where Windows 7 default UAC behaviour can write. By default, Windows 7 UAC prevents users from Writing to %programfiles%.

Edit 2: Me and my buddies where trying to get the "A Hail of Arrows" Achievement in Co-Op and everytime the Arrows hit the Shield both players get disconnected and my Game (Host) crashes a few seconds after that. Reproduceable.

DomiStyle

Postby DomiStyle » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Video of the third bug:

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:05 pm

xpo777 wrote:Edit:I'm curious: Why do you not save the Log files in %appdata%\Trine2 where Windows 7 default UAC behaviour can write. By default, Windows 7 UAC prevents users from Writing to %programfiles%.

Not sure. Will probably be moved to AppData.

Thanks for the video too, heh. :) The upcoming update should fix all the crashes in this thread + the invisibility issue/crash.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:48 pm

I have a short freeze every time I press Q to destroy an object but the weird thing the freeze happens even when I'm not actually destroying any object and I click Q when my cursor isn't on anything particular.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Return to “Trine 2”