Collector's Edition Upgrade

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
User avatar
RealoFoxtrot
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby RealoFoxtrot » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Putting an update,

The Beta has vanished from the "coming soon" part of Steam and the Collector's edition upgrade can be bought by pre-purchasers

However... unless someone can dispute this, The Artbook and Soundtrack wont be available until Dec 6th when the game launches

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Yes, the CE upgrade should now work :)

We haven't yet decided when we will put the CE stuff available, but of course latest time this happens is the launch day.

van
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby van » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Just a question, will I notice now in my steam that I got the CE? I just recieved the upgrade as a gift, but I see no difference. As I lost internet connection during the process, I fear that something went wrong with the transaction.

Would be greatful if someone could clear that up, thanks.

User avatar
FB_Esa
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:08 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby FB_Esa » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Hello van!

If the disconnect happened in Steam and the game doesn't appear to be changed, we cant really do anything about it from here :(

I would advise you to contact Steam directly in that matter.

van
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby van » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:46 pm

FB_Esa wrote:Hello van!

If the disconnect happened in Steam and the game doesn't appear to be changed, we cant really do anything about it from here :(

I would advise you to contact Steam directly in that matter.


So it should appear changed? What would be different? Would it be called "Trine 2 Collectors Edition Beta" or something?

User avatar
FB_Esa
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:08 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby FB_Esa » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Im not entirely sure how Steam handles the names but it might also be that the name changes when the game is out.
Like in example:

Trine 2 beta becomes: Trine 2 or Trine 2 Collector's edition.

Im gonna try and figure out the correct system how Steam handle these sorts of things.

van
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby van » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:19 pm

FB_Esa wrote:Im not entirely sure how Steam handles the names but it might also be that the name changes when the game is out.
Like in example:

Trine 2 beta becomes: Trine 2 or Trine 2 Collector's edition.

Im gonna try and figure out the correct system how Steam handle these sorts of things.


Thank you! I'm sure one of the community knows - I can't be the first to get the upgrade...

Thronlun
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:27 am

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby Thronlun » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Still just shows as beta for me despite buying the upgrade, assuming its just normal.

van
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby van » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:49 pm

Thronlun wrote:Still just shows as beta for me despite buying the upgrade, assuming its just normal.


Thanks, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens then :)

User avatar
NeatNit
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby NeatNit » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:48 am

If your friend's gift list says "Redeemed" then you should be all good 8)
I'm sure Steam has all sorts of fail-safes and whatnot. If you can't redeem it again, then you probably redeemed it already.

Dthen
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:58 am

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby Dthen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:20 pm

The collector's edition upgrade shows as DLC on Steam. Right click Trine 2 in your library and click on "View Downloadable Content".
If you see something like this then all is well:
Image

van
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby van » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:06 pm

Dthen wrote:The collector's edition upgrade shows as DLC on Steam. Right click Trine 2 in your library and click on "View Downloadable Content".
If you see something like this then all is well:
Image


I do :)

Thanks to you all for the help!

User avatar
RealoFoxtrot
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Collector's Edition Upgrade

Postby RealoFoxtrot » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Hmm... I bought the CE Upgrade after buying the normal version and i dont have a DLC part for my T2Beta..


Return to “Trine 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests