Mutliplayer Questions

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
caitlynn

Mutliplayer Questions

Postby caitlynn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Considering pre-ordering Trine 2 on steam after watching a TotalBiscuit video about the beta, but I have 2 questions first regarding its mutliplayer aspects before I purchase.

1: Is the online co-op a server browsing system where games are listed and can be selected to join random people, or is the multiplayer aspect a "enter your friends ip address if you happen to know someone else who owns the game as well" type system?

2: If you are playing mutliplayer with a friend on steam, can my boyfriend play from my computer as well via a gamepad? Basically a mix of couch co-op shared screen + 1 online?

FB_Esa

Re: Mutliplayer Questions

Postby FB_Esa » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 pm

caitlynn wrote:Considering pre-ordering Trine 2 on steam after watching a TotalBiscuit video about the beta, but I have 2 questions first regarding its mutliplayer aspects before I purchase.

1: Is the online co-op a server browsing system where games are listed and can be selected to join random people, or is the multiplayer aspect a "enter your friends ip address if you happen to know someone else who owns the game as well" type system?

2: If you are playing mutliplayer with a friend on steam, can my boyfriend play from my computer as well via a gamepad? Basically a mix of couch co-op shared screen + 1 online?

Hello caitlynn!

1: When you go to "join online game" you will see a server browser that lists all available games. But if your friend has a game, it shows up in different bracket. So you dont have to enter your friend's IP, you just have to add him as your Steam friend.

2: Short answer, yes. You can play the game in two player co-op from a single computer and one random/friend can join over via internet. You can also play with keyboard/mice while your boyfriend plays with gamepad. Or you can both play with gamepads or keyboards/mice.

Hope this helped :)

caitlynn

Postby caitlynn » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Awesome. Exactly what I wanted to know. I'll be pre-ordering it on steam tomorrow.

Thank you for the clear and quick response :D

Keep up the awesome work!

NeatNit

Postby NeatNit » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Last time I checked, two or more players using keyboard and mouse doesn't work because when either player moves his mouse, both cursors move. They are glued together. (All buttons are seperate, though, including mouse buttons)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2215647

(Might just be our computer though)

Gamepads, as far as I know, should work fine :)

FB_JussiE

Postby FB_JussiE » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:56 pm

The issue with multiple mice and keyboards has been fixed recently and should've been updated to the beta as well.

Rahabib

Postby Rahabib » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:44 pm

FB_Esa wrote:
caitlynn wrote:Considering pre-ordering Trine 2 on steam after watching a TotalBiscuit video about the beta, but I have 2 questions first regarding its mutliplayer aspects before I purchase.

Hello caitlynn!

1: When you go to "join online game" you will see a server browser that lists all available games. But if your friend has a game, it shows up in different bracket. So you dont have to enter your friend's IP, you just have to add him as your Steam friend.

2: Short answer, yes. You can play the game in two player co-op from a single computer and one random/friend can join over via internet. You can also play with keyboard/mice while your boyfriend plays with gamepad. Or you can both play with gamepads or keyboards/mice.

Hope this helped :)

what about the PS3 version. is there a server browser and can 2 people play local with one on the internet?

FB_JussiE

Postby FB_JussiE » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Yes the console versions also support server browsing and 2local+1remote client.

There isn't that much difference between the console and pc versions "above the hood". The core features work the same no matter which platform.

Rahabib

Postby Rahabib » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:38 pm

FB_JussiE wrote:Yes the console versions also support server browsing and 2local+1remote client.

There isn't that much difference between the console and pc versions "above the hood". The core features work the same no matter which platform.

just had to make sure. I thought that all developers thought that console players didnt know how to use a server browser :lol:

Return to “Trine 2”