In which version was the beta turned? (Steam)

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Sid_Loman

In which version was the beta turned? (Steam)

Postby Sid_Loman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:37 pm

OK, so I preordered Trine 2 beta and recently I noticed there are three version of Trine 2 on Steam. The regular version, collector's ed and update to collectors ed.

Naturally I would expect that the beta turned into normal version and I can upgrade it to collector's one by the update. However, when I tried to buy the collector's edition, Steam notified me that I already own this game. No such notification is present when I try to buy the normal version. So it would appear that I already own the collector's ed. On the other side, the update to collector's ed is also possible to buy without any notification.

So, what edition do I really have?

Kein

Re: In which version was the beta turned? (Steam)

Postby Kein » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:25 am

Any edition of the game you will buy right now will deliver you the same beta as to anyone else.
So, the question is: which edition did you purchase?

Sid_Loman

Postby Sid_Loman » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:56 am

I bought the game when there were no three version, only one. So now I wonder which version of the three currently available I have.

NeatNit

Postby NeatNit » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:43 am

You bought the base game (the "Trine 2" option) costing $14.99
There is now a "Collector's Edition" which "Includes the Trine 2 Digital Artbook and Soundtrack." It costs $24.99
For people like you who already bought the base Trine 2, there is an option to upgrade to the Collector's Edition. It costs $9.99 to upgrade from Trine 2 to the Collector's Edition.

Interestingly, you save a cent if you buy Trine 2 and then the upgrade instead of buying the Collector's Edition from the beginning. ($14.99 + $9.99 = $24.98 ≠ $24.99)

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Sid_Loman wrote:I bought the game when there were no three version, only one. So now I wonder which version of the three currently available I have.

The first version available was the basic version ($14.99), so I'm pretty sure you have that one :)

NeatNit wrote:Interestingly, you save a cent if you buy Trine 2 and then the upgrade instead of buying the Collector's Edition from the beginning. ($14.99 + $9.99 = $24.98 ≠ $24.99)

I'm sure that Steam is ok if people want to purchase basic + upgrade instead of the CE straight away. 8)

Sid_Loman

Postby Sid_Loman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:47 am

Thanks, that was exactly what I was thinking.

...which is why I'm so baffled that Steam keeps telling me I have already bought the Collectors edition (and not the normal version). Screenshot included this time.

RealoFoxtrot

Postby RealoFoxtrot » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:51 pm

You have got the collectors edition,

it will be out in about 8 hours, so you can relax

Return to “Trine 2”