Will Trine 2 Ship Soon on the Mac App Store?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
mikaellaine

Will Trine 2 Ship Soon on the Mac App Store?

Postby mikaellaine » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi!
With Steam already offering the beta levels, and all the commotion going on, I'd like to ask if the Mac App Store is among the channels that Trine 2 will be on during the first wave?

...or is Steam the only option for the impatient gamer?

Thanks!

FB_Lauri

Re: Will Trine 2 Ship Soon on the Mac App Store?

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Mac App Store is planned to be very close to Steam, but not exactly the same day. My best guess is that it will follow a week later perhaps.

NeatNit

Postby NeatNit » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:35 am

I thought it wasn't because of steamworks...?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:03 am

Our awesome programmers created our own multiplayer matchmaking system for Mac App Store (and Linux), but it's still under tests.

Please note, Linux is a whole lot of additional work, so that is still for 2012.

RealoFoxtrot

Postby RealoFoxtrot » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:13 am

Pity the Appstore and Linux people wont be able to do anything with Steam people......... unless it really really is a truly Multiplatform game? that'd be cool, but probably not

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:33 pm

RealoFoxtrot wrote:Pity the Appstore and Linux people wont be able to do anything with Steam people......... unless it really really is a truly Multiplatform game? that'd be cool, but probably not

Well, I suppose Steam users could access non-DRM -versions as well, but of course non-DRM:s cannot access Steamworks. I guess we could inspect this. :)

Bo Lindbergh

Postby Bo Lindbergh » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:My best guess is that it will follow a week later perhaps.

Does that estimate include two weeks of app store processing between submission and actual availability? :mrgreen:

jeaz

Postby jeaz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:27 pm

So just to be clear, the MAS version won't play with the Steam version for co-op? At least not at launch?

Prefer getting it on MAS, but if it means I can play with my PC buddies who get it at Steam, I'll get it through Steam instead.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:59 am

jeaz wrote:So just to be clear, the MAS version won't play with the Steam version for co-op? At least not at launch?

Prefer getting it on MAS, but if it means I can play with my PC buddies who get it at Steam, I'll get it through Steam instead.

Yes, it is not possible to allow anyone outside Steam to access Steam games. So in order to play with Steam players you need to have Steam version.

Return to “Trine 2”