Mudwater Dale (Lvl3): Missing monster experience

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Dartaen

Mudwater Dale (Lvl3): Missing monster experience

Postby Dartaen » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Hallo everyone,
I have finished Mudwater Dale with 23/25 monster experience. I have replayed the level many times and still cannot find the missing two experience, even after all the monsters are dead. I have found all the level experience, so I can ruled out missing a secret area or something like that.

I noticed on one occassion that the battle music did not end as usual, although all the monsters in the area had definitely been slain. Is it possible that some monsters fail to spawn because of a script oversight?

Are there other people with this problem? I am using the Windows Steam version of the Collector's Edition, latest patch.

FB_Esa

Re: Mudwater Dale (Lvl3): Missing monster experience

Postby FB_Esa » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Hello Dartaen.

There are some paths that have "hidden" enemies that you might have missed.
But i'll test this first thing tomorrow and see if i can get all monster XP.

titus

Postby titus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Dartaen wrote:Hallo everyone,
I have finished Mudwater Dale with 23/25 monster experience. I have replayed the level many times and still cannot find the missing two experience, even after all the monsters are dead. I have found all the level experience, so I can ruled out missing a secret area or something like that.

I noticed on one occassion that the battle music did not end as usual, although all the monsters in the area had definitely been slain. Is it possible that some monsters fail to spawn because of a script oversight?

Are there other people with this problem? I am using the Windows Steam version of the Collector's Edition, latest patch.

I'm having the same problem .

T4nkcommander

Postby T4nkcommander » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 am

Me too. Missing two.

Dartaen

Postby Dartaen » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:50 am

By the way:

The location in question (where the battle music kept playing although all gobbos were dead) lies just AFTER the pool where Zoya says she hocked the amulet that allowed to breathe underwater. Hope this helps.

And the difficulty level was hard, of course.

JoJoBond

Postby JoJoBond » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:02 pm

I have/had the same problem. It seems that is has something to do with the difficulty you play the level on.
On hard difficulty, after the part with the frog, the battle-music keeps playing but no more enemies appear.
However, when playing on normal difficulty, at this part more monsters appear, you get 2 more experience-orbs and the battle-music stops as soon as you killed them all.
So a quick fix would be to play the level on normal difficulty (or easy, just try).
I made a sort-of short video to prove my point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynxp2ZngH2Y

T4nkcommander

Postby T4nkcommander » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:38 pm

JoJoBond wrote:I have/had the same problem. It seems that is has something to do with the difficulty you play the level on.
On hard difficulty, after the part with the frog, the battle-music keeps playing but no more enemies appear.
However, when playing on normal difficulty, at this part more monsters appear, you get 2 more experience-orbs and the battle-music stops as soon as you killed them all.
So a quick fix would be to play the level on normal difficulty (or easy, just try).
I made a sort-of short video to prove my point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynxp2ZngH2Y

That did it! Those of us playing Hard all the time couldn't get it. Thanks!

xolotl

Postby xolotl » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Aha, just a note that this appear to still be the case as of v1.16, btw. I've gone over that level three or four times now on Hard, and had noticed the bit with the battle music too, but hadn't considered jumping down difficulty levels.

mete0s

Postby mete0s » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:02 pm

The way to get all the exp and all the monsters to spawn is to brake the stone wall on the right as the fight beginns or in the middle of it. At least when i do it all the monsters spawn and the music stops when i kill the last goblin.
P.S Sorry if i made mistakes.

Return to “Trine 2”