Europe release date?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Tonttutoni

Europe release date?

Postby Tonttutoni » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:36 am

When is trine 2 released on xbox 360 in europe? Everywhere i've looked at the release date has been confirmed to be 21st worldwide. But today i went to xbox.com and saw the game and the release date was claimed to have been 7th of december. It was buyable and my microsoft points were taken just like they normally would be. Earlier this week when i checked the marketplace on my console however the game was not there. I'm at my friends house now and cannot check my console before sunday to see if the game begins to download. Is it really available right now or is this a mistake made by microsoft showing the game on their site too early?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Europe release date?

Postby fb_joel » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:00 am

It was a mistake - but indeed the game was available for a period of time today. I was able to download the Trial myself but couldn't buy, guess I was a little late.

I don't know how it will go in your case - I would assume that since you already bought it, you will be able to download the full game. In that case, I hope you will enjoy it. :)

The real release date on XBLA is the 21st of December (on PSN in North America it's the 20th of December, and Europe is TBD still unfortunately).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Tonttutoni

Postby Tonttutoni » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:03 am

Do you have any idea if microsoft will punish me somehow for getting it too early even though technically i did not do anything wrong. Is it safe to play it already or should i wait until 21st?

The game still shows up on xbox.com on my download schedule in line to be downloaded. Guess ill see at sunday when i go to my home if it works. Microsoft has not returned my ms points as of now. So i guess those of us who accidentally bought it will get to play it earlier. Unless they have done something to prevent us from getting it before 21st.

Tonttutoni

Postby Tonttutoni » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:16 pm

I just noticed that on achievement sites there are some other players who also got the game too early due to this mistake. And they are playing it so i guess i will do the same. Thanks for your quick reply on this matter.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:36 am

I'd imagine there's no harm done if you are among the few lucky who got the game too early. :D

Tsoomi

Postby Tsoomi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:47 am

Why European PSN version available later ?

Due to Sony ?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:52 pm

I can say that the reasons are out of our control. The game is fine, which can be seen from North American release today, and we have supplied both versions at the same time.

mozgu

Postby mozgu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Not good, not good :(

If I buy today, from US PSN, I will be able to play with my friends who buy the game from EU PSN after the launch in Europe (maybe next week)?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:34 pm

mozgu wrote:If I buy today, from US PSN, I will be able to play with my friends who buy the game from EU PSN after the launch in Europe (maybe next week)?

It is my understanding but I have to verify this from the programmers as well.

mozgu

Postby mozgu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Please, I appreciate that.

combo

Postby combo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Is it up in NA PSN Store already?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:46 pm

combo wrote:Is it up in NA PSN Store already?

I think the update is coming later today, like in six to nine hours or so.

Tsoomi

Postby Tsoomi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:03 am

FB_Lauri wrote:I can say that the reasons are out of our control. The game is fine, which can be seen from North American release today, and we have supplied both versions at the same time.

Ok. Thank you for your answer. :)

FB_Lauri wrote:
mozgu wrote:If I buy today, from US PSN, I will be able to play with my friends who buy the game from EU PSN after the launch in Europe (maybe next week)?

It is my understanding but I have to verify this from the programmers as well.

Do you have new informations ?
Last edited by Tsoomi on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

nuss8

Postby nuss8 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:07 am

I just found this,

"Frozenbyte has just confirmed that it will be releasing its Trine 2 puzzle platformer onto the PlayStation 3, via the PlayStation Network, today, December 20, in North America, and tomorrow, December 21, in Europe."

?????

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Trine-2- ... 1809.shtml

nuss8

Postby nuss8 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:39 am

just got comfirmed that unfortunately wasnt true

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Yes it should say December 21st is the XBLA release date. :)

We have not been told a date for PSN EU at the moment, which in our experience means several weeks of waiting at least. Sorry for that.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Ok, I have the word from the programmers: Game fully supports this, but it's up to Sony how they handle the listing of games to players. So unfortunately I cannot tell a definite answer until we have tried this ourselves, which we can do only when the PSN EU version comes out. Sorry! :?

mozgu

Postby mozgu » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:13 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:

Ok, I have the word from the programmers: Game fully supports this, but it's up to Sony how they handle the listing of games to players. So unfortunately I cannot tell a definite answer until we have tried this ourselves, which we can do only when the PSN EU version comes out. Sorry! :?

Thanks but...

Too late, I already bought the game in NA. Wonderful game, wonderful music. I love it. :)

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:16 pm

mozgu wrote:Thanks but...

Too late, I already bought the game in NA. Wonderful game, wonderful music. I love it. :)

If the cross-continent multiplayer doesn't work we can arrange the swap to EU version (once it's released).

Return to “Trine 2”