Is the story connected?(trine 1)

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
sveinwtf

Is the story connected?(trine 1)

Postby sveinwtf » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:21 am

I am watching this on steam right now, but i cant seem to find any information if the story is connected to the first.
So im just wondering if i start on this, do i lose some story or lore?

FB_JussiE

Re: Is the story connected?(trine 1)

Postby FB_JussiE » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:19 pm

The stories are very loosely connected meaning there's some references to the first one (mainly in some dialog), but the story of the second one is a complete arc on its own.

You should be able to enjoy the 2nd pretty much fully even without having played trough the original one first.

Arisa

Postby Arisa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:13 pm

somehow ,at the begaining of Trine 2 . "you may heard another story of how they met,and let me tell you the lastest story of their adventure " the"Another Story "means Trine1 i think 8)

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:10 pm

You can start with Trine 2 if you wish, and even continue with Trine 1 after that if you feel so :)

xitrum

Postby xitrum » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:35 pm

I've played Trine 1 and am more than half-way through Trine 2. As mentioned, there's a reference to Trine 1 as how the three heroes have met. And there are the "reunion" scenes when the three heroes are brought together by the Trine. That's pretty much the connection between the two games.

So, go ahead and enjoy Trine 2 even if you haven't played Trine 1. Then you can go back and play Trine 1 as a "prequel".

But I'd recommend playing them in order, just to be amazed by the visuals in Trine 1. And then be even more amazed by the visuals in Trine 2.

These two games need to be played in stereoscopic 3D to fully appreciate the level of attention that was put into them. They are works of art!

Return to “Trine 2”