BUG: No keyboard input (solved)

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
xitrum

BUG: No keyboard input (solved)

Postby xitrum » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:44 pm

So I talked one of my gaming buddy into buying Trine 2 from the Humble store. We've been playing online multiplayer for the last couple of days without issue.

Today, I decided to go solo and found out that once I entered the game, at the beginning scene where the Trine flies in from far away, my keyboard didn't respond. The only keys it responded to is ALT-Tab to get back to Windows to kill the game process. No other key works, ESC, etc. This also happened when I tried to play local multiplayer mode. The mouse worked fine.

In the Settings menu, I have player 1 set to keyboard and mouse.

I've yet to hook up with my buddy to see if this problem is isolated to local gameplay. Hopefully that will happen today.

Lastly, I could connect an X360 controller and play. But I was so bad at it that I quit after no more than 5 minutes of playing.

I've uninstalled Trine 2 (via Steam) and reinstalled. The problem still persists. The version I have is 1.009.

Any ideas?

fb_jlarja

Re: BUG: No keyboard input

Postby fb_jlarja » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:29 pm

xitrum wrote:So I talked one of my gaming buddy into buying Trine 2 from the Humble store. We've been playing online multiplayer for the last couple of days without issue.

Today, I decided to go solo and found out that once I entered the game, at the beginning scene where the Trine flies in from far away, my keyboard didn't respond. The only keys it responded to is ALT-Tab to get back to Windows to kill the game process. No other key works, ESC, etc. This also happened when I tried to play local multiplayer mode. The mouse worked fine.

In the Settings menu, I have player 1 set to keyboard and mouse.

I've yet to hook up with my buddy to see if this problem is isolated to local gameplay. Hopefully that will happen today.

Lastly, I could connect an X360 controller and play. But I was so bad at it that I quit after no more than 5 minutes of playing.

I've uninstalled Trine 2 (via Steam) and reinstalled. The problem still persists. The version I have is 1.009.

Any ideas?

Do you have multiple keyboards and mice enabled? If you do, try disabling it or go to Controller Configuration menu and see if there is more than one keyboard available (from advanced tab), and try to select another. Other than that there's not much you can try.

Resetting settings by deleting %appdata%\Trine2\options.txt might also be worth a try, just to cover all the bases. To do that copy paste %appdata%\Trine2 to explorer's address bar and hit enter. It should show Trine2 configuration directory with, among other things, options.txt.

-JLarja

xitrum

Re: BUG: No keyboard input

Postby xitrum » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Ok, I deleted the options.txt and set all config to defaults. I works now.

Thanks for responding on a weekend. You guys are awesome!

Return to “Trine 2”