Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
nuss8
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 am

Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby nuss8 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Hi guys!

The release date to play on PS3 is tomorrow, my question is if I'ts possible to download Trine 2 after 00:00 tonight to play on PS3?

:D :D :D :D :D

C-Sword
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:48 am

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby C-Sword » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:28 pm

No, Playstation only update their store late in the afternoon or early in the evening. I know that, cause I buy a lot of games and DLC's from their store. X-Box usually does that in the morning.

nuss8
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 am

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby nuss8 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:52 pm

:(((((( buuu..........

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:46 pm

PSN North American release is today.

For European release this year seems now unlikely due reasons out of our control.

nauGie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby nauGie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:51 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:PSN North American release is today.

For European release this year seems now unlikely due reasons out of our control.


I live in Europe, but I will get it off the NA PSN store tonight. Can't wait to finally see the full trophy list. Why did you keep that a secret for so long? :cry: I'm pretty sure a PSN game with a plat will sell much better than a PSN game without, so it's great that you convinced Sony that a plat for Trine 2 was in order :P

nuss8
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 am

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby nuss8 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Hmm.. "I live in Europe, but I will get it off the NA PSN store tonight"

What do you mean ^^ is it possible to buy it in a store even if Im in sweden? How do I buy it so I can play today? :P

mozgu
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:31 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby mozgu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:25 pm

nuss8 wrote:Hmm.. "I live in Europe, but I will get it off the NA PSN store tonight"

What do you mean ^^ is it possible to buy it in a store even if Im in sweden? How do I buy it so I can play today? :P


Hint: http://www.hdmoviesource.com/product-p/1629.htm :)

I think I'll do the same.

nuss8
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 am

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby nuss8 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Hmm.. Thanks for the hint, maybe a stupid question but how does that work? Is it like a card to buy games from the NA store? How do we even get in to the NA PS3 store? Please explain so we can be happy this christmas! ;D

"NEW CUSTOMERS: Can only purchase 1 $20 card and may be subject to credit checks prior to receiving code.

This Code will only work at the US PSN Store, (will not work in Europe or Canadian Stores)"

^^
Thanks a lot

nuss8
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 am

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby nuss8 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:52 am

Found a article that says, "Frozenbyte has just confirmed that it will be releasing its Trine 2 puzzle platformer onto the PlayStation 3, via the PlayStation Network, today, December 20, in North America, and tomorrow, December 21, in Europe."

TRUE?

link: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Trine-2- ... 1809.shtml

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby fb_joel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:08 am

That information is unfortunately false. :( They probably mistook the XBLA release date (Dec 21 - tomorrow) as the European date. Sorry!

Still no news on the real PSN European release date. And because it's so late now, it's pretty safe to say it won't happen until January. :(

Regarding the PSN registration, PSN simply chooses the region based on the country that you list in your registration. So if you register with country as "United States" then it will give you the NA PSN store (you need to provide a US street address while registering too). However please note we do not officially recommend to do this. It shouldn't lead to any trouble but you never know.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

nuss8
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 am

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby nuss8 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:20 am

Aha.. Thanks for the info!

Tsoomi
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:42 am

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby Tsoomi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:28 am

fb_joel wrote:That information is unfortunately false. :( They probably mistook the XBLA release date (Dec 21 - tomorrow) as the European date. Sorry!

Still no news on the real PSN European release date. And because it's so late now, it's pretty safe to say it won't happen until January. :(

Regarding the PSN registration, PSN simply chooses the region based on the country that you list in your registration. So if you register with country as "United States" then it will give you the NA PSN store (you need to provide a US street address while registering too). However please note we do not officially recommend to do this. It shouldn't lead to any trouble but you never know.


The game on NA PSN have the French language ?

Thanks.

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby fb_joel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:51 am

Yes, the NA and European versions should have the same languages, so French is included in the NA version too.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Tsoomi
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:42 am

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby Tsoomi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:20 am

fb_joel wrote:Yes, the NA and European versions should have the same languages, so French is included in the NA version too.


Oh! Thanks a lot! :)

jusefina
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 pm
Location: Oulu, Finland

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby jusefina » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 am

anyone used hd movie source to get the US card? Is it reliable? Im so pissed off that it didn't come to europe today. Been literally checking the psn store every five minutes just to find that its not coming for anoter few weeks... FUUUU

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:10 am

jusefina wrote:anyone used hd movie source to get the US card? Is it reliable? Im so pissed off that it didn't come to europe today. Been literally checking the psn store every five minutes just to find that its not coming for anoter few weeks... FUUUU


This is indeed a really crappy situation. For us it's also really unfortunate, especially when it's totally out of our control. :(

nuss8
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 am

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby nuss8 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:29 am

jusefina: ive heard it works very very fine ;) we ordered one $20 US PSN code from http://www.pcgamesupply.com, got the code in less than 5 minutes.

tris20
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby tris20 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Ok, I'am pist. evertime again the euro store get nothing on the same time. i hate it. this means for us the game has been dalated one year. not normal anymore. how the ... but ill wait. i bought the pc collectors edition because of the cd. my pc can't run this game. and the music is just awesome. bought the first soundtrack to.

but tell me. why is this delay really? because the ps3 systems are all the same. if i bought it from us store i can play it. why does it not come out now? i think it's a lame excuse. is it all negative i have to say? no

this game ganna rule the world. the first one i played it many times. from start to end. i really love it. so frozenbyte. thanks for this wonderfull game. but do something about your releases date's. they suk.

User avatar
FB_Esa
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:08 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby FB_Esa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:46 pm

tris20 wrote:Ok, I'am pist. evertime again the euro store get nothing on the same time. i hate it. this means for us the game has been dalated one year. not normal anymore. how the ... but ill wait. i bought the pc collectors edition because of the cd. my pc can't run this game. and the music is just awesome. bought the first soundtrack to.

but tell me. why is this delay really? because the ps3 systems are all the same. if i bought it from us store i can play it. why does it not come out now? i think it's a lame excuse. is it all negative i have to say? no

this game ganna rule the world. the first one i played it many times. from start to end. i really love it. so frozenbyte. thanks for this wonderfull game. but do something about your releases date's. they suk.


Hello there tris20.

We are fully aware of the issue with european release and we have stated that the problem is out of our hands.
We even made a video about it and apologized.

I can't really help you other than saying that the issue is currently being resolved but we have no say in the matter. Of course we would want the game to be released at the same time but like Mikael says in the video, there will always be problems.

tris20
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby tris20 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:34 pm

And thanks to the quote, i still love you guys/girls.

but it's always the euro of the world that's last. and the most console's en pc's are sold here. but hey i'll can't wait. i buy it from the us store and euro store. thanks.

mozgu
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:31 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby mozgu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:26 pm

jusefina wrote:anyone used hd movie source to get the US card?

Me. Not the first time :)
jusefina wrote:Is it reliable?

Yes, it is. And propably best price ($23 for $20 pre-paid code).

User avatar
Elvick
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:35 am

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby Elvick » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:31 pm

On a forum I frequent and post gaming news on, especially Trine 2 news ;3, my friend mentioned not seeing it in the EU store... figured I'd look for info today. Which lead me to twitter, which lead me to that video, which lead me here to talk about it. =P

It's a shame that this happened. I hope that you guys can get it out as soon as you are able. So PS3 users (or just people who want to buy it on there) can play it and enjoy it. It's a great game and you guys did wonderfully.

I feel bad for you guys. D: Such crappy timing.

Farang
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:29 pm

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby Farang » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:44 pm

any news about when sony will release it in the eu stores?

User avatar
papaflo
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby papaflo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:08 pm

For EU people... here is a way to buy the game...

You have to have a US PSN account... if not you can find procedure on how to do that on google... :)
Then, you have to buy a US Playstation network card.

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=psn+card&x=0&y=0

or

https://www.hdmoviesource.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=playstation+card&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

Both are really known and you can buy it there without any fear!
Then, you will receive you code by email.
All you have to do is to go to your account management and add it !

Then you wallet will be charged of 20$ and you will be ready to buy trine !

But be careful, I wanted to play it with a friend, and online is really bad!! a lot of latency...
Image

Farang
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:29 pm

Re: Release TIME on Trine 2 PS3?

Postby Farang » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:35 pm

no,we waiting for the eu release


Return to “Trine 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests