Trine 2 Mac Install HELP

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
colt_government

Trine 2 Mac Install HELP

Postby colt_government » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:59 pm

I bought the game from the game store (DVD) and came home to install it on my mac desktop.
It doesn't seem to install :( can't find the option to install on mac, everything is still window based

HELP, need guide to install on mac

I don't want to download the game again through steam

intrinsic

Re: Trine 2 Mac Install HELP

Postby intrinsic » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:26 am

Can confirm this is happening.

Package bought from EB games says 'TRINE 2 DELUXE #1560416 #345' with Mac logo and PC logo, and system requirements for both platforms.

I'm running the latest version of Snow Leopard and no mac files seem to appear on the disk. If the files aren't on there or not working, is there another way to install using the serial key?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Does the DVD appear on the desktop?

If so, click that open and then it should show you a Trine 2 Installer file. If not, can you take a screenshot of it?

If we can't get it appearing, then we'll need to use the Terminal. It's reasonably easy, just open Terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal I believe), and then navigate to the DVD drive, and then use "ls -la" command to list all the files. It should show you a bunch of files - you can just write "Trine 2 Installer.app" next and it should launch the installer.

Let me know.

Edit: This could possibly be an issue with the disks in general, i.e. the Australian retail box, so in the future please get in touch with email support if this problem occurs. Sorry!
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

fezik1

Postby fezik1 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:35 am

I have the same problem with a Trine2 DVD purchased from EB games in Australia - I've copied the whole dvd to the hard drive and there appear to be no mac files on the disc at all, just windows install files totaling 2.83 Gb. I've also run the terminal application, and it can't find any mac files either.

So I've downloaded Trine2 for mac from Steam using the install code on the inside cover, after much checking and time I shouldn't need to spend - and it runs ok - but it has been a disappointment for my 10 year old son's first game purchase.

neric

Postby neric » Sat May 12, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi there,

I just purchased Trine 2 in JB HiFi. It says on the box that it runs on mac but I can't install it. Nothing is recognised. I have also tried by the terminal but nothing happens...

What should I do to make it run please??? HELP!!!

neric

Postby neric » Sat May 12, 2012 1:32 pm

I forgot to say that I bought the game in Australia. That might help??

Thank you.

Return to “Trine 2”