Trine 2 - PS3 - halt progression - twice - Petrified tree

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
scyron

Trine 2 - PS3 - halt progression - twice - Petrified tree

Postby scyron » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:37 am

I've currently run into this "Controller 1 Disconnected" bug twice which will prevent the player from advancing due to a window needing to be close via the "X" prompt, though nothing will happen. User tried several different controller switching, on and off and nothing work other than to quit out of the game to the XMB, losing all progress for that level.

The first instance this happened User reached the first two breakable crates, one containing an XP jar, with a wood platform directly above for Zoya to use her hookshot, User selected Zoya and launched a grappling hook to the wooden platform and was stopped midair with the message "Controller 1 disconnected". User tried to reconnect controller, plugged in a second controller and switched around both controllers and turned them on and off.

Second time, User progressed petrified tree stage as normal, Selected Amadeus and tried to drop a cube/box on top of the portal->wind blast puzzle and was hit again with the "Controller 1 disconnected" error, halting progress.

I Have tried to disconnect a controller by turning it off while a second character is still in play prompting "controller (1/2) is Disconnected", when asked to press x on the other controller, the game proceeded as normal.

My theory is that I had used controller 2 earlier, but only canceled out User Character 2, while not immediately shutting off the controller. The thing is, I have controller auto off after 10 minutes enabled, which might just be what is triggering the controller prompt.

I'll change some of my playstation settings and see if the game doesn't suffer from this rare bug.

80 gig PS3, no hardware changes, running latest firmware. 1.00 game version from NA PSN.

scyron

Re: Trine 2 - PS3 - halt progression - twice - Petrified tre

Postby scyron » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:15 pm

I found that it is the Controller Auto-off function that will lead to this prompt showing up. So if you are playing Solo makes sure under yours Playstation Power Saving settings that controller auto off is disabled, or your controller is plugged into the ps3.

scyron

Re: Trine 2 - PS3 - Progression Stopping bugs

Postby scyron » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:27 pm

I found 2 new bugs, one which is a game stopper. (stage 7)

First bug is rather simple. User is not able to back out or cancel out of the skill window with the circle button, as asked too. (start/select still work) occurs 100% of the time.

Started game
Progressed through story mode.
level up a character
Try to cancel out of the level up/skill screen using circle
Observe that circle is unresponsive

Circle must close out the skill screen menu.

Bug number 2, the progression stopper bug, will occur 100% of the time on the plant stage. At the second point where the User has to manipulate a log, and is told about the fireflies being attracted to light, User character can use the Wizard to manipulate a log and get it jammed by accident, halting progression on that level requiring a exit to main menu.

After a checkpoint, next to water sack, with 2 xp jars.

(upper right corner of the screen)
The log that is jammed and unable to moved, blocking the User's Path and not usable for the puzzle is halting User progression.
Last edited by scyron on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 pm

I could be wrong, but I don't think you need the log to get past that. There are other solutions - try growing the plant near where the Wizard is standing. (The log would have been good with the water but you can use planks and the Knight's shield also, I think.)

The first bug sounds weird. What country console do you have?
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

scyron

Postby scyron » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:44 pm

NA 80gig PS3 in minnesota, using the Trine 2 version off the US PSN.

You are right, I didn't need the log, but in either case the log's placement is what stopped progression.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Right, thanks.

Am I correct in assuming that you have since progressed past this point, and don't need any specific help for it anymore? (There are a couple of ways to get past that in that situation.)

In any case obviously the log shouldn't get stuck. If it happens again, one popular trick I always use and sometimes it helps: throw a hammer at it. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

scyron

Postby scyron » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:37 pm

I have since progressed but I was annoyed I had to restart the level, though thankfully that part is pretty early on.

The log though had actually embedded itself into the terrain's geometry so it was physically impossible to dislodge it.

Something I noticed when I replayed the level from a fresh start. The skill menu will close with the circle button, which I guess makes that menu bug a bug-of-a-bug.

AlexiaHill

Postby AlexiaHill » Wed May 02, 2012 5:35 am

fb_joel wrote:I could be wrong, but I don't think you wii controllers to get past that. There are other solutions - try growing the plant near where the Wizard is standing. (The log would ps3 controllers good with the water but you can use planks and the Knight's shield also, I think.)

The first bug sounds weird. Whatxbox 360 accessorie do you have?

I bought my headset from GAME yesterday. It is the sony ps3 headset so it is meant to be compatible with it.

It works in the pre game lobbies of black ops zombies but doesn't work in the actual game.

Return to “Trine 2”