Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
acon76
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby acon76 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:00 am

Borc wrote:
acon76 wrote:I read that expansion for the game is coming, with 6 new levels, and yet still no patch. I wonder why..



I read somewhere that it needs a lot of money to pay Sony for a Patch approval and validation process. Therefore the patch might be cancelled. It is hard to believe that Sony need months for a simple patch approval.



How bout including the fix in the expansion, that would work right?

musibatkhan
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby musibatkhan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:16 pm

acon76 wrote:
Borc wrote:
acon76 wrote:I read that expansion for the game is coming, with 6 new levels, and yet still no patch. I wonder why..



I read somewhere that it needs a lot of money to pay Sony for a Patch approval and validation process. Therefore the patch might be cancelled. It is hard to believe that Sony need months for a simple patch approval.



How bout including the fix in the expansion, that would work right?



so basically we who are unfortunate to own an asian or japanese PS3 are doomed for buying this game.

In short, light a match to your hopes of ever getting a patch.

great an expansion on the way and we are sitting here waiting for a patch to be able to just level up...... awesome.

User avatar
FB_Esa
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:08 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby FB_Esa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:52 pm

It is possible to fix this when the expansion comes out and we likely will. I'll have to ask my superiors for confirmation for this though as i dont want to promise anything i cant keep.

Even if we would fix this with the expansion, its still awhile until it comes out :(

Borc
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby Borc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

musibatkhan wrote:
so basically we who are unfortunate to own an asian or japanese PS3 are doomed for buying this game.

In short, light a match to your hopes of ever getting a patch.

great an expansion on the way and we are sitting here waiting for a patch to be able to just level up...... awesome.


Don't understand me wrong, this is just my assumption. But there is still no confirmation that a Patch is finished and sent to Sony for approval. If a patch was send in January to Sony they had 2 months for the approval if not more. Hard to believe that they need that long for a small patch. It can take a couple of weeks, but 8 or 10 weeks? Very strange. I hope for you that I'm wrong though.
Last edited by Borc on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby fb_joel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:41 pm

That was miscommunication unfortunately, there's a lot of stuff going on so Esa and Jussi have been posting here and doing a good job, but unfortunately we had miscommunicated internally and they had wrong information. No patch has been submitted to Sony. We would be able to create a patch, that's not the problem (look at our PC/Mac patches for example, and how few problems now exist on these platforms, basically zero - I know I'm twisting the knife here though). :? With the consoles the problem becomes getting that patch released, and unfortunately that is very difficult for small developers.

So again, please do not wait for the patch. Instead get in touch with support http://frozenbyte.com/contact and I will handle this.

The European version should have this issue fixed but there hasn't been too many confirmations. fauxtronic, I don't know what happened with your game so if you would like to explain this in more detail please email support too.

As for the Expansion, yes, that's when the issue will be solved for everybody, because additional content requires modifying the base game (that's why you see a lot of big updates for everybody and then a tiny 100 kB unlock key for the additional content). However this will take a long time because we want to make the expansion very good, and unfortunately that takes a lot of time.

So please get in touch with support. Sorry again for the trouble. :oops:
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

musibatkhan
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby musibatkhan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:00 pm

ok so sony and you guys have some issue as far as the patch goes.....

here is an idea create the patch and give it to us the way you gave us the save file..... is there a way you can give us the patch thru some other source rather than thru psn???

that can be done right? so ...... give us the patch and well download thru our PCs and we can then transfer it to our PS3.

fb_jlarja
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby fb_jlarja » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:40 am

musibatkhan wrote:that can be done right? so ...... give us the patch and well download thru our PCs and we can then transfer it to our PS3.


No. For security and copy protection reasons only stuff approved and signed by Sony gets to PS3. It's the same thing for all other consoles as well.

-JLarja

sj420
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby sj420 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:34 pm

let me first start off by saying that my friend and i loved playing thru the first trine, and i'm unfortunate(?) enough to own an asian ps3.

i've followed this thread for a couple months, coming back every once in a while to see if there have been any developments. all this time i was under the impression that a patch had been submitted to sony for approval, and now reading your post that this is not the case is truly disappointing. i know this only affects a small percentage of trine 2 owners, but misleading your customers into thinking the ball was in sony's court (even tho you say it was miscommunication) is just sad considering a minor bug like this should have been fixed during playtesting.

the facts:
1. it costs roughly $40,000 USD to submit a patch to sony and have it approved
2. Frozenbyte has sold well over 1 million copies of the FIRST TRINE ALONE (at roughly $10+ USD per copy)


even after all of your operating expenses, employee wages, all of the licensing fees, publisher profit sharing, and whatever else you need to calculate into the gross earnings, we KNOW you have the money to get this patch rolling. if it really was a simple matter of a small developer unable to afford the cost of submitting a patch to sony, we would understand - but that isn't the case. trine and trine 2 were very successful and profitable games. it even says right there at the top of this page "trine 2 launch has been tremendous."


so, consider this as an _INVESTMENT_ into the fanbase that legally and financially support your company.


this is what really bothers me. it seems like you're turning a blind eye to the people who love and support what you do, simply because there are only a "few" of us with this problem. we've been patiently waiting for a patch (and i'm sure there are people waiting for other bugs to be fixed as well), and you simply tell us to do one of three things:

1. take the money back, not getting to experience the game and cutting off an established customer
2. play the game with a fully-unlocked savefile, ruining the experience (no trophies mind you)
3. wait and buy the expansion pack (fork over more money) in the summer to (possibly) play the game properly


this will probably slip through the cracks in Frozenbyte's chain of command and eventually fall on deaf ears. however, something had to be said. this really is a slap in the face to the people who support you. this issue was brought to your attention in DECEMBER of 2011 - over THREE months ago. will i continue to recommend trine to my friends? frankly, probably not... at least not without mentioning this "customer support." smh

phsiao
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:42 am

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby phsiao » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:25 am

Hi,
I bought this game on 12/24/2011, and I found this critical bug in the same day.
I am tried of waiting fix. Is refund still available?

User avatar
FB_Esa
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:08 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby FB_Esa » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:43 am

sj420 wrote:Wall of text


I would like you (fans/people with this problem) to know that we have acknowledged this problem and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience.
But im not going to explain or talk about our financial situation because even i dont know how high our costs are and how much money went into development of Trine 2.

phsiao wrote:Hi,
I bought this game on 12/24/2011, and I found this critical bug in the same day.
I am tried of waiting fix. Is refund still available?


Contact [email protected] for help.

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby fb_joel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:39 pm

sj420 wrote:2. Frozenbyte has sold well over 1 million copies of the FIRST TRINE ALONE (at roughly $10+ USD per copy)

We have sold 1 million copies of Trine that's true, however the vast majority of the units have come from sales/discounts. This includes 400.000 copies from Humble Bundle(s) and a big chunk also from Steam sales at $1 or $2 per copy. So while I cannot disclose the actual revenue we have received from Trine, the average is much closer to a couple of dollars than $10. The game cost around 1.5M USD to make, so while it has made a profit it's certainly not made a huge profit (depends how you count it of course, but not the "Ferraris for everybody" kind at least). All the money from Trine 1 is not sitting in our bank account either - it was used to self-fund Trine 2 (with nothing to spare).

Now, as for the PSN patch itself, I again cannot touch on the financials involved, however we are not the publisher of Trine 2 on PSN. We cannot make the decision of publishing a patch, we are not dealing with Sony/PSN directly. What we can do, however, is to urge everybody who still suffers from this problem to get in touch with our Support (the [email protected] email address). Do not wait for any patch, it will take too long. So please just get in touch and we'll see a good solution. (For new users, the European version has the issue fixed to a reasonable degree, so that's good until an official Asian version is released - which I do not know if it will ever happen though, at least it will take a long time as well.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

acon76
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby acon76 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:13 pm

The asian version of the 1st Trine is called Trine The Lost Relic, and was published by Square Enix. So i'm sure Trine 2 will take quite a long time to be in the asian psn. Guess i'll try to contact support and see how they're gonna solve this.

Edit: Problem solved. Thanx Frozenbyte. And others should contact support as well to get this issue fixed.

jean
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby jean » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Hello

I have read the whole topic and I have also this bug because I baught Trine 2 on the Canadian store and I have an asian PS3...

I noticed this bug after playing some levels and I was waiting to be able to allocate (I thought that it would happen later when I progress).

I sent an email yesterday for the Support adress and I'm waiting for your reply Joel.

Best regards,
Jean

CaptainSheep
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby CaptainSheep » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm guessing still no patch yet? :/
It's been 5 months since it released.. can we still expect a patch? I'm not giving up hope. :P

strays
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby strays » Thu May 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi i have a JPN PS3 and a US account, bought the game from PSN, same issue cannot allocate the skill points, form what i understood form the thread the patch should have been released about a month ago, but their might not be a patch for JPN ps3 version, can someone correct me or advise me if the issue has a solution, thx

EmmerichNasa
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby EmmerichNasa » Thu May 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Hello, first of all, congratulations for the game, it's amazing... me and my girl have play this since the launch in psn until now. But yeah, my ps3 came from Japan, and of course the confirm button is the O. (Indeed this is very nice, because its a choice related with the signification of the symbols and colors of the control, since the first PlayStation)

So, I'm a very pacient guy... but, 5 months waiting for a patch to solve this little bug is a pain.
I know, the people with this problem are insignificant compared with the other clients that you have, but please, don't forget us , make the solutions fast, and for last... respect this little portion of people.

Another thing, IF, the solution came in the dlc, don't be ridiculous selling for us, the minimum if you guys have to do is offer for free to us.

I wish this annoying problem be past in a short time, and please... when the patch was launch e-mail all of us in this topic :wink:

fb_jlarja
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby fb_jlarja » Fri May 04, 2012 7:13 am

As far as I understand, DLC process on PS3 works so that once we publish the DLC, normal game will get update too, just not the DLC stuff. Button swap bug (and others) will be fixed then.

DLC is several months away though, so please, if you don't feel like waiting, contact our support team (see Joel's message above).

-JLarja

godsglaive
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:37 am

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby godsglaive » Sun May 20, 2012 9:40 am

will DLC have trophies?

sebastien
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby sebastien » Wed May 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi
I have the same problem like many people with Trine 2. I'm from France and I baught the game with my canadian account on my ASIAN PS3 and I can't allocate :(
I'm really frustrated because I really love the game but cannot play it because of this bug.
I will contact the support team by email and I hope that you will be able to find a solution.
Thanks, Sebastien

sebastien
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby sebastien » Thu May 31, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello,
Yesterday I sent an email and I did not get a responce yet. Is there someone who can answer me please?
Thank you!

fb_jlarja
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby fb_jlarja » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:10 am

sebastien wrote:Hello,
Yesterday I sent an email and I did not get a responce yet. Is there someone who can answer me please?
Thank you!


Don't worry. We're not always be able to respond within 24 hours. Just sit tight.

-JLarja

sesame_shining
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:35 am

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby sesame_shining » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:54 pm

Can I clear Trine2 with Asian PS3? don't care however hard.

Heroes finally can't go forward at the beginning of Mushroom Murk. (it was very challenging to get here...haha)
Of course I know I should get contact with you by email, but I wanna go as far as posible with my PS3.

fb_jlarja
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby fb_jlarja » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:13 am

sesame_shining wrote:Can I clear Trine2 with Asian PS3? don't care however hard.

Heroes finally can't go forward at the beginning of Mushroom Murk. (it was very challenging to get here...haha)
Of course I know I should get contact with you by email, but I wanna go as far as posible with my PS3.


We have posted PS3 save file and instructions on how to use it in other thread: http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4089. It's not a real fix, of course.

-JLarja

User avatar
FB_Esa
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:08 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby FB_Esa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:45 am

sesame_shining wrote:Can I clear Trine2 with Asian PS3? don't care however hard.

Heroes finally can't go forward at the beginning of Mushroom Murk. (it was very challenging to get here...haha)
Of course I know I should get contact with you by email, but I wanna go as far as posible with my PS3.



Additionally, you can actually go as far as Icewarden Keep without skills. You can continue beyond this point but you need a friend to get past a certain part in the level. Other than that, you can pretty much beat the game without any skill upgrades :)

ps. In the Mushroom Murk, you don't have to light up the plants in order to continue. You can do it "blind" but of course its much harder.

sesame_shining
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:35 am

Re: Can't allocate skill points (PS3) (Asian HK & JPN)

Postby sesame_shining » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:11 am

fb_jlarja wrote:We have posted PS3 save file and instructions on how to use it in other thread: http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4089. It's not a real fix, of course.


Actually this file was already downloaded in my USB memory.
I'll use this file after I give up continuing as far as possible without upgrade skills. XD
thanks!


Return to “Trine 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests