No Trine 2 for XBLA Australia?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
shirtygrizzly

Re: No Trine 2 for XBLA Australia?

Postby shirtygrizzly » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:11 am

Is this not it?
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Produ ... 0258410a9b

I'm logged into my xbox live account so it should only show me what i can purchase here.

furburger

Postby furburger » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:59 am

That's the US Marketplace i think...try to download it and you will probably get the old "Not available in your region" message.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:58 pm

Sorry for not updating in a while but unfortunately I have nothin to update you all with. I have sent emails all over to find a soulution to why there is no release date but I'm getting "wrong people to ask" responses or "no idea" responses and just for the record I will contacting the Australian rating people tomorrow to find out anything from them...if I remember.

Wet Wookiee

Postby Wet Wookiee » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:23 am

Wow. This long and no one knows where the game is, even the developers of the game and the Microsft XBOX team. Very disappointed that i've wasted my time wanting this Trine 2. I'll turn my attention elsewhere and may pick it up if ever becomes a free download via Marketplace.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:52 am

Tried contacting the rating people and now I have to wait for a reply.

Wet Wookiee

Postby Wet Wookiee » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 am

I don't see the delay as a rating issue. There's nothing in there to hold it up. I think peo
ple have no idea why it's not available and are just passing it on to other organisations. How hard is it to place it on the marketplace?

svale

Postby svale » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:13 am

Here's a response I received from Atlus' QA Lead:

"We are still working on getting Trine 2 published in Australia. Your patience regarding this matter is much appreciated."

Doesn't give us much with regard to a release date unfortunately.

Wet Wookiee

Postby Wet Wookiee » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:47 am

I don't know what they need to work on. Australia runs PAL the same as the UK. No new languages needed, no framerate changes. Just throw it up there. Regarding patience, if they don't put it at half price for us aussies straight away, i won't be touching it.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 am

I just got off of the phone to the people who deal with the classification of Trine 2 in Australia and I can tell everybody that Trine 2 has been classified PG since August 2011.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:36 am

I just got off the phone to XBOX and after a massive load of bullshit which each time they lied to me I proved them wrong...the first lie was no such game was on xbla anywhere in the world then he tried to get technical and then the supervised tried the same feeding me more lies and bullshit and getting annoyed at how he was failing so badly that he stopped making any structured sentences at one stage...end result is Xbox knows something but aren't willing to say what they know...anyway I believe Xbox are at fault.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm now asking anyone and everyone for ideas on what I can do...I'm willing to put in the time but I am out of ideas on what to do, so I'm asking the community for tips (the people smart enough to have ideas but to lazy or busy to put them into action). I'm an otherwise out of ideas fully but I do believe it's Microsoft...again.

Adman11

Postby Adman11 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:36 am

Hi - I came across the post when trying to work out why Trine 2 wasnt on xbox live in Australia

Well, I got around the ridiculous situation the following way:

1. Created a new gametag using windows and based the tag location in USA.
2. Purchase US Microsoft points from a reliable online supplier - code was emailed to me after purchase (you cannot use Aus based paypal or credit cards to buy US points...i already tried).
3. Redeemed the points using the code, associated them with my new USA gametag, and purchase Trine 2 as download to start once logged in.
4. Changed Xbox360 local to US, reset xbox and retrieved USA based gamertag once logged into xbox live.
5. Trine 2 downloaded and working in Aus on my Aussie xbox : )

First and probably only post, but may help others who are keen to get this game.

Bye!

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:03 am

Adman11 wrote:Hi - I came across the post when trying to work out why Trine 2 wasnt on xbox live in Australia

Well, I got around the ridiculous situation the following way:

1. Created a new gametag using windows and based the tag location in USA.
2. Purchase US Microsoft points from a reliable online supplier - code was emailed to me after purchase (you cannot use Aus based paypal or credit cards to buy US points...i already tried).
3. Redeemed the points using the code, associated them with my new USA gametag, and purchase Trine 2 as download to start once logged in.
4. Changed Xbox360 local to US, reset xbox and retrieved USA based gamertag once logged into xbox live.
5. Trine 2 downloaded and working in Aus on my Aussie xbox : )

First and probably only post, but may help others who are keen to get this game.

Bye!

It also works better and quicker with a uk gamertag...if you make it online and then recover it (or borrow a friends) that was you dont have to edit your console region settings each time you want to play a different game...and Microsoft look for that sort of thing...both uk and Australia are PAL so it's compatible.

I am going to test it as soon as I have the gamerpoints which I will have to buy from ebay.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm downloading it now...I bought some points from eBay UK (no postage because they emailed me the code) and redeemed it fine. There are a surprising amount of differences between Australian dashboard and in my case an Irish one. I'll message back after I test it in both accounts.

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Worked on Irish gamertag

Shanther

Postby Shanther » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:38 pm

SUCESS!!! FUCK YOU MICROSOFT!!! YES I WIN!!!

Wet Wookiee

Postby Wet Wookiee » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:20 am

I have Microsoft Points already available in my account so there's no way i'm going to all that trouble of buying more points from overseas, making a new gamertag, etc, etc. The publisher and/or developer should be harassing Xbox Australia and asking "why isn't our game available here?". If they don't want to do that then i'll stay away from the parties involved and spread the word about the way they treat their Australian customers.

Kashkin

Postby Kashkin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:16 am

Bump.

So now European PSN gets it, but still no love for Australian XBLA?

Wet Wookiee

Postby Wet Wookiee » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:00 am

Yeah and going by this quote from the EU PSN thread, they're also getting a discount.
Europe got 30% discount as the game was delayed couple of months and we though that our fans deserved some compensation for their wait.
We hope you enjoy the game and that the delay didnt cause any problems :)

Still no answer on the Australian release. :evil:

FB_Esa

Postby FB_Esa » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:13 am

Wet Wookiee wrote:Yeah and going by this quote from the EU PSN thread, they're also getting a discount.
Europe got 30% discount as the game was delayed couple of months and we though that our fans deserved some compensation for their wait.
We hope you enjoy the game and that the delay didnt cause any problems :)

Still no answer on the Australian release. :evil:

All i can say is that we have not yet heard anything about this issue and as its out of our hands (like ive said earlier) there isn't much we can do about it :(

I know this isnt the answer you were looking for but this is the sad reality we're in but we will keep trying to bug the publisher's. In the meantime i thank you for your patience in this matter.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:21 am

Current situation is that it should be coming out "soon", so we'd like to ask that if you notice the game out in Australia, please inform us :)

DarkMellie

Postby DarkMellie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Who's the publisher then? I'll email them my feelings on the matter :)

Wet Wookiee

Postby Wet Wookiee » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:30 am

ATLUS is the publisher, but i could only find contacts for their offices in North America and Japan. Not sure if they'd help or even care about the Australian release, seeing it's not their territory.

Wet Wookiee

Postby Wet Wookiee » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:20 am

I emailed ATLUS asking them when/if it will be released in Australia. Here is the reply i recieved:

Hi Matt,

Distribution of games internationally is not an instantaneous process. There are many factors that can prohibit a game from being released in a particular region, like not having a certain country's rating tagged onto the game yet, for example. I do not know what the exact details behind the delay of the game in Australia is about, but I can assure you that we are working on getting it released there. Your patience and support is much appreciated regarding this matter.

Rob Stone
QA Lead
ATLUS
A brand of Index Digital Media, Inc.
949.788.0455 x117

So really, between the publishers, developers, marketing, and XBOX Australia, no-one knows what's going on :?

crazyfists

Postby crazyfists » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Frozenbyte know they just ain't telling us, its worth far to much money to someone for them not to know exactly what is happening with their baby 24/7. Just pisses me off they won't give us a date so I can just get on live that day and get it instead of searching for it all the time

Return to “Trine 2”