Xbox 360 save issue

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
RedgeHammer

Xbox 360 save issue

Postby RedgeHammer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:06 am

I purchased Trine 2 on my 360 (which I am finding to be fantastic). the next day I then traveled 50+ miles to my friends house, only to find that when we tried to play multiplayer on his 360 we could not save at all? When I returned home I found was able to save on my originating console. Any clue as to why I couldn't save? BTW checked on my son's 360 as well, and we can play the full game, but no save option.

*Update--The Save feature is grayed out on single player as well. Was the game intentionally designed to be handicapped when not playing it on the console in which it was originally purchased?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Xbox 360 save issue

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:12 pm

There's no intentional handicapping... This issue sounds a little weird - I think we have heard of the same happening once for another user, but we have no idea what's causing it. Saving works fine on our consoles when we transfer the profiles.

I wonder if other games work alright for you when played this way?

Also, make sure you have a Storage Device selected and that there is enough free space. Perhaps for some reason your profile would make some assumptions and thus the game wouldn't even pop up the Storage Device selection in the beginning? Just a theory, not sure if it's even possible for it to be truly automatic...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

rdeal

Postby rdeal » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:06 am

I am the one having the same problem,i have tried everything no matter what i do the save option is always greyed out when i am not on the console i bought it on,i even tried deleting everything and redownloading still no joy and i have tried on 3 different consoles,maybe it has something to do with having gold family instead of gold?

khalid

Postby khalid » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:09 am

I have the same problem.

Played the game at home for a couple of hours, after I saved the game I removed my HDD out of my xbox and took it with me to my friends house to continue my single player (not coop) and the game couldn't load my save file (even though it was available in my hdd) that wasn't a big problem because I was at level 2. Replayed the game at my friend's xbox and after I went back home I tried to load the new save file and the same thing happened, the game was not able to load the new save file and the save option (and save slot) was grayed out.

I'm sure it's not a profile issue because I was signed in in both consoles using the same profile that I purchased the game with.

Next time I will try cloud saving. If that didn't work I don't think I will replay the game again. I hope the developers can fix this, I am sure a lot of people are experiencing this issue especially with Trine 2. Many people want to play it coop at their friend's.

khalid

Postby khalid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:42 am

fb_joel can you please confirm if this bug is going to be fixed? still having this issue.

Return to “Trine 2”