But I don't want to rent Trine II

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Jedi_Learner

But I don't want to rent Trine II

Postby Jedi_Learner » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:14 pm

I want to be able to purchase a physical copy of Trine II and play it without having to use Steam. I understand the reasons for you using Steam but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Perhaps in the future you will be releasing a physical copy of Trine II that doesn't require Steam?

Zybex

Re: But I don't want to rent Trine II

Postby Zybex » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:02 pm

FB_Lauri answered that question already:
Linux will be the first DRM-free option, but DRM-free Mac and Windows versions will also follow at some point during the spring

plus - if you buy through this site:
http://trine2.com/site/index.php?page=buy

You'll get STEAM version now and the DRM-free version once it's done - for free.

I've found those answers here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3882&p=17062&hilit=drm#p17062

Jedi_Learner

Postby Jedi_Learner » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Errr... did you actually read my post Zybex? Here, let me quote you my question since you missed it. I'll even bold the important part for you.

Jedi_Learner wrote:Perhaps in the future you will be releasing a physical copy of Trine II that doesn't require Steam?

Zybex

Postby Zybex » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:19 am

You're right, I missed that, sorry. :(

All I know:
Physical = available.
DRM = available soon.
Physical & DRM-free - no idea.

My guess: There will be, or at least there will be a downloadable version which could be just burned onto a DVD and used freely. I might be wrong, of course.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 am

Physical copy without DRM is not possible unfortunately.

However, our ever-friendly support [at] frozenbyte.com should be able to solve even this complicated questions.

Jedi_Learner

Postby Jedi_Learner » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:48 am

Even though I'm still not happy about being forced to use Steam I decided to buy the Collector's Edition because I want to support Frozenbyte.

And Zybex, I'm sorry for being rude to you.

xitrum

Postby xitrum » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:22 pm

I don't get it!

I remember when Trine 1 had a retail box version. I held off due to DRM and eventually bought it when a patch was released (1.08 I think) to remove the DRM.

I bought the Trine 2 Collection's Edition from Frozenbyte with the understanding of getting a DRM-free digital version later. Look, we know that DRM doesn't stop piracy (anyone with an understand of software knows that) but is really intended to kill the resale market. Ask yourself, which one is easier to pirate: DRM-free digital version or DRM-free retail version?

Even though I already have Trine 2, I want a retail box for my collection. Yeah, I collect game retail boxes!

I hope you reconsider and release a retail box version in the States.

Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:24 pm

I've bought the DRM-Free Version of Trine on GamersGate and I will wait until there is a DRM-Free Version of Trine 2 on GamersGate.

I hate Steam.

Return to “Trine 2”