Can't save on the 360

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
rdeal

Can't save on the 360

Postby rdeal » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:04 am

When i am playing on my other 360 that i didn't buy it on it doesn't save this needs to be fixed

rdeal

Re: Can't save on the 360

Postby rdeal » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Is this going to be fixed?if not i will have to take it up with MS for a refund because i bought the game and it should work on any 360 i play on when i am logged into live,otherwise what is the point of cloud saves

GameInformed

Postby GameInformed » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:52 am

Did you purchase Trine 2 directly through the trial version?

If so, then reset your console and start it up again. There seems to be a save game glitch when you purchase the game through the trial.

rdeal

Postby rdeal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Yeah i did purchase it through the trial but i have tried everything to get it to save but it wont saving is always greyed out,it will only save on the console i bought it on.
I even did a cloud save on the console it works on but when i go back to my other console it doesn't see the save,i don't think it's a bug i think they did it by design

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Sorry to hear. We don't know anything about cloud saves to be honest.

Try moving/copying the saves "normally", using a usb stick or something, and see if that helps?

And you are using the same Xbox LIVE user account on both consoles, just to be sure?

If the normal way works, then it's a problem with the cloud system... I don't know if developers need to support that somehow, and if so, then we certainly don't support it because we know nothing of it, but I would imagine that MS would do it in a way that is automatic and doesn't need specific support, so it could also be some kind of a glitch on their end.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

rdeal

Postby rdeal » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:23 am

Yes i am using the account that bought the game every time,the game will not save on a 360 you didn't buy it on.
I have tried using a usb drive but when you go back to any 360 you didn't buy it on it will not even ask you where you want to save and saving is greyed out,i just hope they don't ignore it and move on because i play on different 360's all the time

RedgeHammer

Postby RedgeHammer » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:41 pm

GameInformed wrote:Did you purchase Trine 2 directly through the trial version?

If so, then reset your console and start it up again. There seems to be a save game glitch when you purchase the game through the trial.

Thanks, this worked for me. I actually had a "doh" moment when I read it.

Return to “Trine 2”