Can't get water to sparkles (plant eats me)

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
wesleysoccer

Can't get water to sparkles (plant eats me)

Postby wesleysoccer » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 am

I've tried with the log to get water to the magic sparkel spot but it's not happening...one day still no dice...I'm at the point where I'm getting eating by the plant...anyone know how? ugh

darthyoda6

Re: Can't get water to sparkles (plant eats me)

Postby darthyoda6 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:54 am

On which level? That describes several levels.

HobGoblin

Postby HobGoblin » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:38 am

If you have the 'plank' unlocked for the Wizard, make the biggest plank you can. Shoot the water globe with the thief and immediately switch to the Wizard, picking up the plank... if you tilt it under the water and move it to the sparkles you can sometimes carry some of the water over to where it needs to be!

wesleysoccer

Postby wesleysoccer » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Well it's trine 2 and maybe 7-8 levels into the game...I've tried using the log but it does not take any water over...tried maybe 50-60 times...if the log would turn the other way it might help but that's impossible. I can't build a plank on the level I'm on? How do I unlock the plank?

My best effort is using someone to cut down the water and quickly changing to wizard and trying to move the log over top of sparkels...no dice...ugh - anymore help?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:11 pm

You can use the lanterns to attract fireflies which the plant will eat, and while plant is eating the fireflies you can quickly pass it (be sure to build up steps on the opposite side before running past, if you are in the location I guess you are :))

darthyoda6

Postby darthyoda6 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:35 pm

For that one the plank is to stop the saw blade from killing. You need to shout the plant, then switch to wizard and use a plank to carry the water over.

Return to “Trine 2”