[Solved] Trine2 ,Linux , Multimonitor problem - please fix

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Andre-K

[Solved] Trine2 ,Linux , Multimonitor problem - please fix

Postby Andre-K » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:55 pm

I started to play Trine2 yesterday, its great, fantastic like the previous one.
Playing on Nvidia , with two monitors.
The problem is: when started in window mode, mouse is allowed to travel outside window.
Ifstarted in fullscreen, like I prefer, it starts on one monitor just fine, but if I move mouse outside and click in the heat of the moment, the game "window" will be centered between the monitors.

Please - make the game stick to one monitor, and/or stop the mouse from leaving it's "window" during gameplay.

Hoping for an update or fix.

fb_jpk

Re: Trine2 ,Linux , Multimonitor problem - please fix

Postby fb_jpk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:21 pm

We'll try to add a mouse grabbing support to the game in the next patch.
That should allow running the game in multi monitor setups - without the mouse running off to the second display.

Meanwhile, if possible, you should probably consider disabling the other display from the nvidia control panel while playing the game, as that would naturally prevent this issue. I know that's not a real fix to the issue, but as far as I can tell, there probably is no other sensible workaround around this for the time being until we get a patch out - Sorry about the additional hassle this causes.

(There is, of course, the rather extreme possibility of building a custom version of the SDL 1.3 library, and replacing the one in the game lib/lib32 directory, and enabling the cursor grabbing there in a hard-coded manner - but its probably easier just to toggle the second display off or to wait for the patch).

Xpander

Postby Xpander » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:35 pm

add metamodes to ur xorg.conf .
something like that, depending on ur monitors:

Option "TwinView" "1"
Option "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-2"
Option "metamodes" "CRT: 1280x1024 +1920+0, DFP: 1920x1080 +0+0; CRT: NULL, DFP: 1920x1080 +0+0"

then u can switch between metamodes with xrandr -s 0 and xrandr -s 1
bind them under keyboard shortcuts

basically first one before the ";" is with both monitors enabled and after ";" is the smaller one turned off

thats easy way to do stuff:D
Linux Mint 13 alpha 64bit
* AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE (3,2 ghz)
* 8GB ddr3 1600mhz
* Asus GTX 560Ti DirectCU

Andre-K

Postby Andre-K » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Thank you both.
fb_jpk: Maybe you can find a good solution by taking a look at OilRush or Nexuiz or other opensource games that handle this very well ?

Xpander: I tried it before and got into trouble, this is the essential parts of my /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Option "TwinView" "1"
Option "metamodes" "DFP-0: nvidia-auto-select +0+0, DFP-2: nvidia-auto-select +1920+0"

What exectly would you suggest I should to ?

Andre-K

Postby Andre-K » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:51 am

Got it working, anyone knows how xandr can be assigned to ctrl-alt-num+/- ? the xandr commands works better than the default keyboard commands.

Xpander

Postby Xpander » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Andre-K wrote:
Xpander: I tried it before and got into trouble, this is the essential parts of my /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Option "TwinView" "1"
Option "metamodes" "DFP-0: nvidia-auto-select +0+0, DFP-2: nvidia-auto-select +1920+0"

What exectly would you suggest I should to ?

what resolutions do u have at ur monitors?

basically u just change the nvidia-auto-select to correct values or i think u can even leave it like that.
so with 2 metamodes ur setup should look like
Option "metamodes" "DFP-0: nvidia-auto-select +0+0, DFP-2: nvidia-auto-select +1920+0; DFP-0: nvidia-auto-select +0+0, DFP-2: NULL"

i have assigned to alt+num+ and alt+num- :)
should work with ctrl+alt also i assume, if its not binded to anything else
Linux Mint 13 alpha 64bit
* AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE (3,2 ghz)
* 8GB ddr3 1600mhz
* Asus GTX 560Ti DirectCU

Return to “Trine 2”