Physics bug in level 7

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
acid06

Physics bug in level 7

Postby acid06 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:33 am

Hi there,

Trine 2 is an amazing game so far. However, a piece of wood got stuck in a place where it can't be moved or turned anymore, making it impossible for me to go through... is there a way to fix it without restarting the entire level?

Also, maybe you should take a look and fix this bug so it doesn't happen again to other people. Here's the screenshot - this happens right after the characters make some comments about fireflies. The large piece of wood is that in the upper right corner.

The full image is here: http://imgur.com/qg3fn

Thanks for any help.

FB_JussiE

Re: Physics bug in level 7

Postby FB_JussiE » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:17 am

Hello acid06 and sorry to hear you're having issues with the game.

It seems like the log is stuck on the spikes above it.
It also seems to be colliding with the ledge on the right side which makes it really hard to get off from the spikes.

This really isn't bug in the physics, but rather in issue level design which has slipped trough testing.

Only thing I can think of is just to try to levitate the log off from the spikes or possibly throw a hammer to it in hopes to get it further in to the spikes and make room below it to go trough.

FB_Esa

Postby FB_Esa » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:07 am

I think its possible to jump over the log, through the spikes with little skill, determination and luck.. Oh and blood as you take abit of damage on your way through. :)

acid06

Postby acid06 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 pm

I've already tried levitating/spinning the log and throwing the hammer (this actually makes it "more stuck").
I didn't try to jump over the log, I'll try that now and see if it's doable.

You should add an "unstuck" cheat code for these kinds of situations... :P

UPDATE: it really isn't possible to jump over the log - there isn't enough room for the character to go through since they hit their heads on the roof. :(

Return to “Trine 2”