Dropped from Multiplayer at the Petrified Tree

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
lazyjupiter

Dropped from Multiplayer at the Petrified Tree

Postby lazyjupiter » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:35 am

Hello, we just got Trine 2 from the steam summer sale, and it is quite a beautiful, fun and lovely game. That said, sadly we're running into quite a few problems. :<

We were playing multiplayer, and it was all smooth and excellent up to the Petrified Tree. It loads about 25% of the map and then just drops me. My friends got in fine tho, but not me. Is it a ping issue or a map issue? Because I tried to host an online game with it with no people in it, and it did the same thing. Loaded about 25% and then sent it into offline mode.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Borc

Re: Dropped from Multiplayer at the Petrified Tree

Postby Borc » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Are you playing with low details?

lazyjupiter

Postby lazyjupiter » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Medium details.

lazyjupiter

Postby lazyjupiter » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:40 am

Bump?

Lucas W

Postby Lucas W » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

If it loads fine for your friends and not you, then it's probably client side rather than server side.

I would suggest validating the Trine 2 files through Steam.
You can do that by:
    Go to your Library
    Right click 'Trine 2' and click 'Properties'
    Click on the 'Local Files' tab
    Click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'

It should then check that your Trine 2 files are correct and if not it will repair them from the Steam servers.

RampageOnly

Postby RampageOnly » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:35 pm

lazyjupiter wrote:Hello, we just got Trine 2 from the steam summer sale, and it is quite a beautiful, fun and lovely game. That said, sadly we're running into quite a few problems. :<

We were playing multiplayer, and it was all smooth and excellent up to the Petrified Tree. It loads about 25% of the map and then just drops me. My friends got in fine tho, but not me. Is it a ping issue or a map issue? Because I tried to host an online game with it with no people in it, and it did the same thing. Loaded about 25% and then sent it into offline mode.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Same thing happened to me and my friend. Petrified Tree seems to have a problem, it loads for me but my friend loads it longer and then drops out of the game.

FB_JussiE

Postby FB_JussiE » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Hello everyone!

We've been investigating this issue, but been able to reproduce it only once.
We're looking further in to this but for now only solution we can offer is to set the game online again after the disconnects by going to the in-game menu -> Game Settings and changing th Game Mode to online.

We'll try to get this sorted out, but tracking down whats causing it seems to be tricky.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rain

Postby Rain » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 am

Yeah, same issue here, made account for this one.

We had some problems with Hamachi ealier, but those are not the reasons this time. There were 2 other disconnects that happened seemingly randomly earlier in the night, but could always come back. This time, I simply can't play Petrified Tree online. I can play every other level, forwards and back, but not the one I need to.

FB_JussiE

Postby FB_JussiE » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 am

Hello again!

There's a quick fix in steam now which hopefully fixes the issue.
If the issue is still there, let us know and we'll look in to it again.

Drassielle

Postby Drassielle » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:21 am

Same issue here as well, also made an account to notify.

Husband and I bought the game from summer sale, played flawlessly until Petrified Tree. We were playing together on the level before (Mosslight Marshland, I believe?), we completed the level, I received the achievement for completing it, he did not. We both played the same exact content, so this was in error.

We are now on the loading screen for Petrified Tree, I have a slightly faster computer so I skip the intro and am into the next level. My husband, however, is waiting to be able to skip, hears the narrator read the first line of dialogue and is stuck at about 25% loading, dialogue stops. Loading bar shoots up to full, disconnects him asking if he wants to save the game or be booted to main menu without saving.

I should mention that I was the host and that when we tried to see if him hosting the game would fix the issue, we were put back at the beginning of the Mosslight Marshland level with no points in our skills. This was disheartening because we've worked hard so far to get the skill points we have and shouldn't be punished for no reason.

I tried to provide as much detail as I could, hope this helps fix the issue. We have not seen any hotfixes or patches from Steam correcting this issue.

FB_Esa

Postby FB_Esa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:26 am

Drassielle wrote:I should mention that I was the host and that when we tried to see if him hosting the game would fix the issue, we were put back at the beginning of the Mosslight Marshland level with no points in our skills. This was disheartening because we've worked hard so far to get the skill points we have and shouldn't be punished for no reason.

I tried to provide as much detail as I could, hope this helps fix the issue. We have not seen any hotfixes or patches from Steam correcting this issue.

This might have happened if your husband didn't save the game when he got booted from your game.
The real issue itself is pretty weird as we have not been able to reproduce this ourself. Only once i've seen this happen.

One thing you could do is to play the level (Mosslight March) on single player and load the next level, then make it a multiplayer game from the game settings. This is not a real fix but it might help some.

I'll forward this to our coders and thanks for the detailed information :)

edit: Asked around and we have identified the problem and we are working on the fix as soon as possible. Can't really give you a timetable at this point but i assure you that it will be out soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Drassielle

Postby Drassielle » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:51 am

First of all, thank you for such a timely response! I think I can speak for all your customers when I say it means a lot to us that you're paying attention to our needs and concerns.

Just for a small follow-up, my husband and I tried last night and were able to get into the Petrified Tree level just fine. We've had no problems whatsoever since then.

I'm glad you identified the problem and are working towards a solution. Hopefully, other players can find ways around it until you implement a fix for it. Good luck!

Return to “Trine 2”