Game not loading, already tried alot to solve.

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Noaffy

Game not loading, already tried alot to solve.

Postby Noaffy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Im having the same problem as many others seem to be posting about.
Game starts up and is running as a process but not launching the game for me to see.

Ive enabled trine2 and the exe to go through my firewall, ive reinstalled it and steam multiple times, ive updated my video card drivers (Nvidea), disabled my firewall, done the steam file check which returns 1 file being messed up then if ran again says its fine.

Please help, i cant find anything else posted to what might be causing this same problems others are having.

Moderator edit: (There was a double post but the other had more info so i copied it here)

The game launcher will work but will open the game, it is running in my applications but did not actually load up the game for me to see. Same problem happens if i try the exe. Ive tried reinstalling, restarting comp, reinstalling steam, managing my windows firewall to allow thrine2 and the exe to be ignored, ive tried the steam cache file verification where it says it has 1 file messed up then when run again says its fine, but still doesnt load the game. I have a Nvidea video card with updated drivers. Heres the kicker too, ive already played the game when i originally bought and installed in 3 days ago off steam sale.

FB_JussiE

Re: Game not loading, already tried alot to solve.

Postby FB_JussiE » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 am

Hello Noaffy and sorry to hear you're having problems with the game.

Have you checked your Anti-Virus software.
The issue you described sounds like there might be conflict in there.
Try to either tweak your AV settings so that it ignores trine2_32bit.exe or disable your AV while playing.

Let us know if this doesen't help and we'll look further in to the issue.

Noaffy

Re: Game not loading, already tried alot to solve.

Postby Noaffy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:14 am

Yes i have tried with AVG being closed/disabled, no luck.

Return to “Trine 2”