Mac (OS X) version 1.16?

For discussion about Trine 2, released in December 2011 on Windows, Mac, Xbox, PlayStation Network and later on Linux and Wii U.
Lackadaisical

Mac (OS X) version 1.16?

Postby Lackadaisical » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:30 am

As stated in this thread, online multiplayer is not compatible between versions: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4429

The Mac App Store version of Trine 2 is v1.15 (link), but totes itself as "cross-platform multiplayer" when every other version (steam included, IIRC) has been updated to 1.16. Is there an update I'm missing? What's going on here? How do I update a mac app store version to v1.16?

Man, all I want to do is play the game over the internet with my friends.

Alternatively, can one downgrade a windows 1.16 to 1.15?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Mac (OS X) version 1.16?

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Apple hasn't yet approved the 1.16 update. Sorry!

In urgent cases you can get in touch with support by email. In even more urgent cases, you can ask your Steam friends to downgrade to v1.15, although that's not really recommended if they have savegames that are complete (because it can break them). Here's info on that:

1. Your savegames will get messed up. Newer versions of the game can load any savegame, but older versions do not recognize newer savegames. Therefore, if you "downgrade" to v1.14/v1.15, your v1.16 savegames will not work (they may show up as only having the Story Begins level available). Use a different "Save Slot" for v1.14/v1.15 and that way you might be able to keep all saves in working condition. In general, be prepared to lose your savegames.
2. V1.14/v1.15 can only play multiplayer against other with the same version. So if you do this, you can only play with your friends or others who use the same version (which is very few people).
3. This has not been done many times so something strange can happen - most dramatic would be losing your savegames (as said in #1).

If that sounds ok, then here's instructions on how to do this: Launch Steam, go to Library, right-click on Trine 2 and go to Properties. Then go to Betas tab, and choose "old". It doesn't require password. Now Steam will load v1.14 on your computer. "Old_v115" is v1.15 and should match the Mac App Store current version.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Lackadaisical

Re: Mac (OS X) version 1.16?

Postby Lackadaisical » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:38 pm

I did email support as well, and the person I spoke to (oh, it was you. Hah) suggested giving me a steam code or a link to a 1.16 OS X version from your backups website, so the problem seems to have been resolved. Thanks for the steam info, too!

To anyone with the same problem: email [email protected] and they will help you out.

Return to “Trine 2”